Price Discrepancies on Listing?

Hannah35
Level 2
Washington, DC

Price Discrepancies on Listing?

Hello!  We are hosting at property for $85 a night, however on the listing it comes up as $120 until you put in dates.  Literally all dates are listed as $85 so I'm not sure where the $120 is coming from and I think we are losing guests because of it.  Can someone advise?  Thank you!

16 Replies 16

Do you have Smart Pricing turned on? 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

When I look it is $90

David
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Hannah35  When I look at your listing calendar I see $90, $85 and $70.  No $120.  Seems that you should contact Air BNB about this issue.

I've seen this before when Smart Pricing is on, if your max is $120 and you don't put in any dates, it gives you the highest price.  If you've been overriding the price on the calendar but not changing it in the Pricing section, this could also be a source of the inconsistency. 

I had this problem and saw it was my base price I'd selected that was the default number. Problem solved!

Do you have Cleaning fees or Deposit , something like that can change your pricing?

Nick in Tpa.

[phone number removed]

I went to your listing and it showed $90. When I looked at specific dates I noticed $85 for some dates, but most were $90. You should check if you have smart pricing turned on, otherwise you should be able to modify these prices in your calendar. 

Dora26
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I am new to hosting and listed our place through Christmas and New Years base price of $197. Just recieved our first confirmed booking at$108 a night for 8 nights.

Plus how can I remove the instant booking setting??

@Dora0  I don't see Instant Booking turned on your listing.  You have a 20% weekly discount which would apply if the reservation is for 8 nights.

Hi @Linda108, you just tagged the wrong Dora 🙂

I am also noticing this, and even weirder, a guest reported seeing two different prices when viewing my listing from mobile and desktop computer. I am definitely losing customers for this - one opted out and another asked me for a discount (which would have impacted my quota entirely) so I did. I am listing for 49€ and my guests see 57€. Important to notice that when I am messaging the gueses on my sidebar I see 49€ and a reasonable airbnb fee (around 2.8€) so I'm thinking whatever the algoryhthm, Airbnb gets to keep the extra money! 

Patti19
Level 1
Maidenhead, United Kingdom

Hi,  I have just noticed that I have exactly the same issue, despite having to set the prices based on seasonality.  I don't have smart pricing on so rates should show as I have set them.   Discount % are also different.  I am so confused.

I wonder if you had managed to get it resolved with Airbnb and if so,  could you share their contact details please?  Thank you

Hello! it's been a while so I am not sure how it went that time but I would recommend reaching out to them as they are usually nice and available. Look for assistance links within the app or website, you will have to go through the usual faqs list but then it's fairly easy to get called back. Good luck!

Ruth22
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I set up a price for my room as a £35 per night however it comes up on the airbnb site as £44

Could anyone please clarify and help me...?

Many Thanks.

Ruth.