Price change

Price change

Hello

The PGA is coming to my area next week. I have two properties with rates that were very low. I have increased the rates much to the dismay of the guests and asked if they would continue with reservation. Rates are double/triple what I was asking.

would you do the same?

5 Replies 5

Next May not next week!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sue551 no, you don't get to change your rates on already booked reservations. open dates on calendar, you can do whatever you like

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sue551 There is no way in which you can raise the rate once a guest has booked. I don't see how you could do so but if you do find a way its a surefire way to get suspended (and rightly so)

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Sue551  You can't do that and if airbnb finds out you're trying to do it you could have a problem with them.  Once you accept the guest the rate is locked in.  You might find some few kind souls who are willing to pay extra, but I doubt it.  If you cancel these reservations then airbnb will block the dates.  There may be some type of work around you could uncover, but I don't know of anything. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sue551  It's our responsibility as hosts to keep our calendars and pricing up to date. If we forget, that's on us, not the guest. Airbnb will delist you for this kind of thing, for good reason. It's a really unethical thing to do to a guest. Take it as a heads-up to make sure you plan ahead when setting your pricing.