Price hacking

Amorn-and-Chris0
Level 2
Ko Samui, Thailand

Price hacking

Good morning from Ko Samui Thailand,

I set my rate at a lower price for two weeks at the end of March/beginning of April (1150 baht vs. 1250) and I triple checked that it was set correctly. A lady just instantly booked it at a rate of 160 baht from the 25th of March to the 1st of April. 

I was asleep when it came through and in the wee hours of the morning when I got up to go to the bathroom I saw that we had another reservation. I replied half-asleep saying welcome, but I did it from my phone rather than my comeputer and I didn't look at the price.

Low and behold this morning I see the rediculous discount. I am now going to cancel that reservation (I offered her a special price of 1000 baht as a way to help her,) but I am perturbed that this price was changed without my knowledge.

How could this happen? Will it happen again in the future?

This was an instant booking, should I remove that feature?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Cheers,

Chris

1 Reply 1
Amorn-and-Chris0
Level 2
Ko Samui, Thailand

I see the problem... This was my fault, no hacking was involved.

When I dragged the slider for changing the days to a lower price, I saw that it was set at 1150 per night.

I had also earlier set a price on the weekly discount rate section and thought that was a per night charge (I'm still pretty new at this).

I offered up a price of 1100 baht per week for the 3 weeks of the low season which I guess overrode the 1150 per night, thinking that I was setting the price at 1100 per night.

I'm going to have to cancel my booking, but lesson learned (unfortunately for my guests... and us).