Price in search results much higher than actual price

Ebony39
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

Price in search results much higher than actual price

Screenshot_20210910-173753.png

I thought Airbnb would make hosting more streamline and simple however I'm having a nightmare with this pricing issue. I'm seeking out anyone that has experienced an the same issue and worked out a workaround to fix it 

I have my prices fixed and have tried switching to smart pricing but still hit the same issue.  When I search for dates the price is showing at $347 when my actual rate is $159 (the correct price shows on the listing when you click on it).  I do have a cleaning fee but that doesn't account for the different.  I'm probably loosing potential bookings because my listing shows up more than double my actual nightly rate.   I have opened a ticket with airbnb and they are "looking into it" but can give me no timeline

4 Replies 4
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Ebony39 

Thanks for bringing this up. It’s very interesting because other people are having a similar problem only opposite-the price comes up very low and people are actually able to book at that price.

I would try resetting my price to see what happens. Perhaps change minimum/maximum and enable smart booking.

Keep in mind that there might be some delay and that the app and the desktop website are not exactly the same.

Good luck. They really are working on this problem and you’re not alone.

Ebony39
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

thanks for the reply.  I hope it's resolved soon just was praying there was some workaround I could use.  I've tried changing the pricing with and without smart pricing as well as from different devices and still getting the same result.  I have no new bookings so it's affecting my income now for my family in what is still a busy time where we are.  

Jordan615
Level 2
Chatham-Kent, Canada

This is still an issue. Both of my listings are showing up significantly higher than my set price. My cleaning fee is also showing up higher. Airbnb has passed me to three different departments so far. This is very sketchy. Reading through this thread it's obviously been an issue for a long time, and perhaps even a scam where airbnb is charging the guests more and keeping it - just giving the host the base rate they set. I am checking with current and past guests to see what they paid and compare it to what I received.

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Same here. When I search for my listing on the map, it shows a price that is much higher than set by me. Only when I click and open the listing,  or when I enter the dates, the price is as set. Funny.