Price setting so 1-6 nights is 70%of full week price

Randi20
Level 2
Newquay, United Kingdom

Price setting so 1-6 nights is 70%of full week price

Hello fellow hosts,

Does anyone have expereince or knowledge on HOW to set prices so that if guests book (for example) 1 -5 nights, it would be 70% of the full weeks price?  

Reason being is that we rent our air bnb out in a massive beach/tourist area and everyone who comes and stays here seems to be for a different reason, so I don't want to set peramaters like '7 nights minimum' or 'check in on friday only', but I also don't want to lose out on heaps of money if guests only want to book for 2-3 nights in peak summer season.  Ie, if a week costs 1,000 to rent, and a guest books for 3 nights, I want the price for them to come up as 700 approximately.  If they decide to book for 2 nights, I still want the price to charge them 700....... 

The majority of our renters last 'peak summer season' rented the house out for 4-6 days, not 7.  This worked out well for us, as the place was full the entire high summer season, but my pricing strategy was ALL over the place and I'd like to get on top of it now when people are looking to book and plan.

I've seen other hosts near me who have this pricing strategy, so I know its possible.  Next step will be DM them for helpful advise, I suppose?

Thank you!! 

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Randi20 I think the below photo's what you need (I've not tried it) with 30% off the weekly rate on the 2-3 or 4 night booking and then apply it to the dates required

Go to your "account settings" click on "Settings" and switch on "Professional hosting tools" you then get to play with rule sets on your calender,

Untitled3.jpg

Julia943
Level 2
South Zeal, United Kingdom

Thank you! I have been trying to work out how to do this for months! The key to being able to set different discounts is turning Smart Pricing OFF, ignore all the dire warnings and then you will get access to the professional tools. I am now going to wait and see what happens...