Pricing Issue

Pricing Issue

We set our price at $35 per night but the request from the guest came to us as $21 per night.  Why is this the case?  What did we do wrong?

Bonney

15 Replies 15
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Do you have Smart Pricing on, @Bonney-and-John0? Any discounts that might have been applied to that reservation?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

When I look at your listing, @Bonney-and-John0, I see that you have a $40 per night price with a $10 charge after the first guest.  I see that your price is consistent, so there does not seem to be Smart Pricing at work, so this might be a system error.  Contact Air BNB to see what is going on.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  Good luck!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Dolly6
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

My pricing is set at $22 per person And $8 for an additional person. I received a request for 2 nights and 2 persons, however Airbnb quoted for 1 person only. Why is this?

@Dolly6  If your reservation confirmation shows 2 guests then Air BNB system is in error.  See my previous post for link to guide for contacting Air BNB.  Good luck

Thanks Linda. The guest was bypassing the system by booking for one and then chatting to me (the host) about " my Husband and I" which makes it obviously a booking for two. As our prices are down to the wire it does raise concern when one has to provide for two instead of one.

@Dolly6   Since does not appear to be a glitch in the system but more a guest error, just send a message to the guest stating that you understand that there will be 2 guests from your conversations and you will modify the reservation to address the extra guest fee. Then go to the reservation and select send/request money and follow the prompts to add the extra guest fee.  If the guest does not accept the change, advise that you will not continue with the reservation.

Most guests expect to have the nightly rate cover 2 guests so it is an understandable guest mistake.  However, the system does prompt the guest to enter the correct number of guests.  Had the booking guest done that, your extra fee would have been automatically included.

As as a new host to Airbnb, I’m having same problem with guests thinking that the nightly rate covers two guests, yet they only list 1 guest as arriving. I let them know that rates are per person per night, the same concept as any other establishment. I find they are conveniently not listing the other person. I honestly don’t know how they would think the nightly rate covers just one person, yet they don’t think that when they are booking a hotel.

Dolly6
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Hi I discovered that Guests are booking for one via the system and then chatting to the host ( myself) about my husband and I. We as hosts then lose out on the charge for the additional person. This has been my personal experience. It would apply to hosts who charge for additional guests.

Sam313
Level 2
Tarbert, United Kingdom

I have been going crazy with my prices changing. I fix them as one thing and hours later they have changed. I don't have smart pricing on. After weeks of frustration ans some booking taken for half what we would normally request (we have instant booking), I happened to mention it to my management company. I do my own bookings and calendar management. However, my management company sent my guests entry instructions and have the password to my airbnb account. They thought their calendar settings which are flexi ones may be syncing with and overridding my airbnb calendar. I have now set my prices on their website and overidden their flexi pricing option. Fingers crossed that's fixed it.  

Cloud-Inn-Kandy0
Level 1
Kandy, Sri Lanka

Hi. i have a problem. i set my room price $ 33 for two person. but when guest selecting 8 people its same price as $33. what is this issue?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Cloud-Inn-Kandy0  You must create a separate listing for each room as Air BNB is a booking platform so each room would have it's own price, pictures, description and calendar.  There is a tutorial about doing this on this site.  Use search term "multiple listing" to find relevant information.  Good luck!!

Tess31
Level 2
Philippines

Hi,

I’m quite confuse on how airbnb cone up with the total amount the guest has to pay. Like for example, we have Php 3,200 per night x 5 days. The total amount that appears is quite higher for the price of 1 room but way short for the price of 2 rooms.  It appears that the guest only paid for 1 room but he booked 2 rooms per our conversation. When I told him about this, he said it’s way expensive and ask to cheapen the rates for 2 rooms. I can give him discount personally but the control is in Airbnb. Now he wants to cancel his reservation. 

@Tess31  Your 3 listings are single rooms in a house however your description states that 3 ROOMS are available.  I think you might intend for the whole house to be booked sometimes or individual rooms be booked.  If so, add another listing that is specific for the entire house. Be sure to sync your calendars.  Also, delete 3 ROOMS in your description of the individual rooms.

You have some terrific pictures of the external and the community but need a few more pictures with captions that describe what the guest has private access or shared access.

Let him cancel as soon as possible so you can correct the confusion and be more clear about what you offer.  Do not cancel for him as you will be penalized for that cancellations.  There is a tutorial about multiple listings on this site under Help.  Look it up as I think you will find it helpful.  GOOD LUCK!!

I have had several problems.  One, Airbnb will not allow me to be paid thru Paypal - which in their instructions I should be able to do?!  They have given me only ONE choice - Payoneer which I did not want.   Also after being made to say yes to Payoneer the guest's booking states I get Nett of $1442.87 and the Payoneer email says I have only $1083.64 in the account????  Anyone know why they take SO much out of the booking???  (already $44.63 out for Service Fee)  This "FEE" is very expensive & excessive!   Would like to know if anyone else has this charge???