Pricing Tips Final Prices do not show on preview of listing

Pricing Tips Final Prices do not show on preview of listing

AirBnB offers pricing tips, which I accepted. My calendar now shows how the prices very per night. However, when I search for a preview of my listing, only one price is given. What will potential guests see?

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @K0,

If you do not put in any dates when you do a search, it will only show the base price you set for your listing.  If you put a date range in, it will show the average price between the dates you chose.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dylan1
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

I don't have an answer for you.  I'm in the middle of this too.  My renters can't afford whatever the final price quoted them was (which includes Airbnb's 6-12% and taxes as I understand it).  So I want to possibly make a special offer for them that fits their budget.  But there's no way of previewing what the final totals will be for them!  

I couldn't even get a customer service rep to compute it for me.  He told me "the system" just handles.  This is beyond frustrating.  I'm now in the position of asking my prospective renter to tell me the itemized quote that was sent to them so I can reverse engineer what my special offer would be.

This is a mess.  FIX THIS, AIRBNB!

Hi @Dylan1,

I wrote a Help Guide on this if you want to check it out: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/How-Much-Does-a-Guest-Pay-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/24677#M1145

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, I'm still lost.  

When I pretend I'm my prospective guest and fill out the dates for my property at the default rate, the total is quite different from what I see in the "Special Offer" section.  On the guest side I see:

Accommodation $33517

Cleaning fee $150

Service fee $2020

Total $35687

On the owner side though, under "Special Offer" I see:

Accommodation $33667

Subtotal $33667

Service fee $1010

You earn $32657

I'd like to make a special offer and be sure the guest total will be $33000, but don't know how they're computing their "Total" and can't preview it.  So I'm sort of flying blind.  Painful and kind of astounding you can't easily meet a prospective guest's budget!

Wow, so airbnb actually charges both renters 6% and hosts 3%, I always thought only the renters paid the fee.

From your info below I understand that renter service charge is 6%. So to charge him 33k total, you need to set the accom. price at 33k/1.06-150, which is $30982. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Auridas0

The post you are replying to is nearly 2yrs old and airbnb fees have increased.

Airbnb charge the renters between 6% and 15% the more you spend the less you pay

Airbnb charge the hosts between 3% and 5%

You might also have to pay a 3% currency conversion fee