Pricing during peak season

Dara78
Level 1
New York, NY

Pricing during peak season

Hi I have smart pricing in place. For off season it works great however July & August are peak season, if people book early and the demand is not there, they are able to get a great deal. The smart pricing calculates $800 X 7 night minimum $5,600 for a week in July, that's fine but they can book 9 nights which eats into another week that I could potentially earn another $5600. So in other words while I can set a minimum stay for that time, I can't set a maximum stopping people from adding an extra day, 2 or 3 eating into a potential 7 night stay? Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

there's a couple of things you could do @Dara78 

The most obvious one is to limit your calendar so guests can only book 3 months in advance - or 6 months in advance - whatever, so the special holidays don't creep up on you.  Of course you have the option to manually over ride whatever smart pricing for any dates at all - even when I had my calendar set up for 6 months in advance   i still entered the prices for peak season 9 months in advance, so when the calendar did open, they price was already set.

Or you could turn off smart pricing and set a minimum you're happy with in off season and increase it at peak season.  The trick is to be vigilant with your calendar.

I don't quite understand your problem with the 7 day issue. You have a 7 day minimum, but you don't want people staying longer than 7 days either? Can't you enter that into your maximum stay setting?

Hope this helps

We have a 3 day minimum, but I want to increase this during December and April holidays.  How do I do that?