Pricing for two linked rooms

Pricing for two linked rooms

We have two rooms available BUT they share a bathroom. As a result we will only let the two rooms simutaneously IF the parties are related and don't mind the shared barhroom.

A problem arises because the site pricing stipulates x$ per night.

When the two rooms are needed the price SHOULD reflect 2 times x$ per night.

This does not happen and the guest thinks the the price FOR BOTH ROOMS is only x$.

We have tried clarifying this in our desciption of the space available but seems folk don't understand (or read properly?).

Does anyone know how to work around this. Seems we cannot make any direct contact with the site administrators??!!

Hence having to ask for advice from fellow hosts 😞

Frustrating, to put it mildly. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Lorna

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I guess you must create two listings: one for one room and the other for both rooms. Then remember to sync their calendars - the two-room listing should be the master one, the single room listing - within that first one.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Wayne-And-Michelle0
Level 3
Charlottesville, VA

Hi @Lorna41. I think we have a similar arrangement, two bedrooms with one shared bathroom. Our base price is for one room occupied by two guests. We use the following language:

"If you are traveling as a family/group, a second room with a queen size bed is available for an additional $25/person beyond 2 guests. The bath is shared between the two rooms." If they put in the right number of guests, everything works out.

We have had a few couples who wanted two bedrooms and we let them know they would be charged for the second room, and sent a special offer. So far, that has worked well.

@Lorna41that does sound like a head-scratcher.

The nearest thing I can think of is to increase the price when both rooms are used by using the "per guest" charge.

I know it isn't perfect, but it at least charges more when there are more people.

Bruce-and-Dee0
Level 1
Oakhurst, CA

Greetings from Yosemite.  We have the same issue.  We have two bedrooms with a Jack and Jill bathroom.  Each bedroom has its own lockable door and our listing indicates we only rent to family and friends, four adults maximum.  Currently we are only charging one fee per night whether one or both rooms are used.  We have times when we have two guests that each want a room.  We would like to charge an additional fee but there is no option for this on the Airbnb site.  That is two guests in one room for one rate, two guests in two rooms a different rate.  The extra charge for extra guests doesn't work in this case.  I have looked into the "two listings" and linking them but it only makes things confusing which is the last thing you want when accepting reservations especially being that the majority of our guests are international.  It would be great for Airbnb to have an "extra or second room fee" in additon to the extra guest fee.