Pricing much lower than my base price (no smart pricing activated)

Komang-Pamela0
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

Pricing much lower than my base price (no smart pricing activated)

Hi, I am brand new to hosting on Airbnb 🙂

yesterday I placed my first listing. My base price is about 25$ and I have a promotion of 20% for the beginning. But now I got a 14day booking for 10$ per night. I am wondering how this could happen? I do not find anything in my pricing information - why did airbnb change my price? and any idea what can i do?

Thank you so much in advance 

6 Replies 6
Zoltán14
Level 2
Brașov, Romania

Pamela, do you happen to have "Length-of-stay discounts"? This option is right under the Nightly price.

Yes, I have - on top I have the 20% promotion and then there was a price tip. So, many discounts 😬 thank you for your help!!

Komang-Pamela0
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

I think I somehow activated price tip. Is it correct, that it just changes your base price, without notice?

@Komang-Pamela0 

You have a 20 percent discount activated for first three bookings up to 3 July.

Plus a 10 percent discount for bookings over 7 days. These discounts are accumulative. A 7 day booking means you are giving a chunky two days away free gratis.

There aren't many dates available on your calendar so you may have chosen to accept price tips, which tend to be lower, because not all dates are showing the same price.

When you set up a listing, it can sound reasonable that you add an introductory discount and take up airbnb suggestions that you will attract for guest if you have hefty weekly and monthly discounts.

You probably will get more long term guests, only you will see that you won't get much money for it.

I'd suggest going back into your listing settings and review discounts and nightly prices, with a clearer eye.

Thank you so much for your detailed advise, Elena! Yes, I will review everything. So this means, that there is currently 30% discount for weekly orders (10% weekly plus 20% promotion) and for a month it would be 50%? do i understand correctly? Crazy... Thank you!!!

Shannon359
Level 2
Alpine, CA

I agree and I find to change a price is not very computer friendly and they make it more difficult than necessary