Pricing options for 1 or 2 bedroom option in same private house

Tim230
Level 1
Tampa, FL

Pricing options for 1 or 2 bedroom option in same private house

Greetings,

I am posting my first listing and would like to provide to option to rent either 1 BR with full bath (at a certain price) or both bedrooms, including an extra half bath inside the room for an additional price.  In other words, there is a lock on the second bedroom that would only be unlocked if rented for additional people.  I cannot find a way to list this (outside of describing in the ad), and I cannot find options for pricing this differently.  The closest I could find would be to charge an additional per person fee beyond 2 people; however, this does not imply that the 2nd bedroom it not accessible for the first 2 people.  Any suggestions on how to list and set up with AirBnB for pricing?  Thanks! 

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tim230

Set up two different listings under your profile: one for the one bed with bathroom, the second for the two bed with a shared bathroom

Gerry, this is a good sugegstions and seems like the one people have mentioned in other threads. Thank you. What would happen if the one bedroom gets booked up? Would you then have to block the other listing (the one that shows both bedrooms) right that second so that no one else books it? I'm just afraid two different people will book the two separate listings at the same time (which would mean that one of the bedrooms would be double-booked). Have you heard of any other workaround? Thanks.

Mary535
Level 1
Gort, Ireland

Hello Tim, et al,

I have a similar and I think, releated question: 

I have just listed a second room in my house.  It would be beneficial if potential guests could see that we can accommodate a family of four in two rooms, if necessary.

Is there a mechanism for this besides the randomness of searches?

Kind regards,

Mary