Pricing "default_daily_price is null."

Zachary36
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Pricing "default_daily_price is null."

Whenever I try to cange my prices on Airbnb I keep getting this "default_daily_price is null." I have seen something like that if you try to set the price to zero, but this is no the case. I am trying to increase the minimum price from $49 to $69 and change the maximum price from $99 to $200 (winter and summer prices vary dramatically in a place like Pittsburgh). 

Airbnb claims--promises--that all hosts are able to set their own prices. This is not true, at least in my case it is not. I have been getting this error for sometime now, maybe 2 months on-and-off. In this most recent case, I updated the prices on 4 or so of my listings, then I couldn't update the prices on the rest of the listings. The error came up and he prices would not save. In other cases, it simply won't save the change to pricing--no error. 

I had another issue where I tried to use the "increse price by x%" feature, but it never actually increased the prices, despite each date being highlighted on the multi-calendar. Scores of guests booked far into the future (moslty through my summer season) at incredibly low prices because the feature never increased the prices set by smart pricing. There was never a sign or rule that said using "increase by x%" would not work if you had smart pricing on. Yet, I thought that this might be the case so I turned off smart pricing throughout the summer months using the multi-calendar. After this still did not work, I contact Airbnb and their case worker told me that smart pricing had to be turned off on the lisitng, not on the multi-calendar. How could I have known that? It wasn't in the rules, anywhere. It did, however, work.

In summary, I am hoping someone can help me with "default_daily_price is null." issue and if you have had similar problems (e.g. not having ACTUAL control of your pricing) then please note them here.

Saying that hosts have control of their pricing when they don't because technical errors, confusing rules, system failures, or--some conspiracy to keep prices low--is unfair and irresponsible. I am literally forced to sit back and watch everyone book my listings at unvoluntarily low prices. Then, I'll have to ask them to pay more, or cancell my reservations and try to re-create my account with higher prices. 

Oh, and I have tried this on several browsers, devices, mobile devices, laptops, etc and at varying times of the day. And yes, I have logged out and back in and have asked Airbnb to help. I am awaiting an email response from them as I type. 

7 Replies 7
Jose344
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I'm considering suing them but in California or Nevada for the same or similar practices.   Their arrogance and refusal to correct blatant errors may lead to an Unfair Competition Law class action.  

Xiaodong1
Level 2
La Prairie, Canada

Just don't know why I cannot change my price.  I changed, but still showing very low price. Only 14CAD one night. So ridiculous. 

Hakim9
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

I have the same problem since now several months and nobody from airbnb is able to solv it. I'm really tired with airbnb, I think that even if it's more expensive, I will move to booking.com. 

Airbnb is making a lot of communication and noise around boring topics but they are never here when you need something usefull as a technical assistance.

This company is too big now to be efficient.  

We were having the same issue with one of our listings.  After making multiple attempts, I finally input the price and pressed Enter, rather than clicking Save, which worked!  I hope this helps others with the same issue!  

We were having the same issue with one of our listings.  After making multiple attempts, I finally input the price and pressed Enter, rather than clicking Save, which worked!  I hope this helps others with the same issue!   

This works! Thank you for figuring out that workaround!!

Same here. Could be a mac issue when saving using the save button option . Ive been messing with for 20 mins on this and hit enter and hey presto, all updated!