Pricing

Catherine2638
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Pricing

Hi. I'm new to hosting as of end July. I initially set a lower price as the property didn't have cooking facilities. I have since converted a shepherd's hut into a kitchen diner so I want to increase the price to reflect this. I've already got some bookings in November and December - am I able to increase the price for all other dates than those already booked? Thanks.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Catherine2638 

A change of prices will not affect excisting reservations.

Thank you!

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Catherine2638 , your place is straight out of a Harry Potter book !

I so want to pop into that brewery ... 

@Emiel1 is right, once a guest has booked their price is set. 

Cheers, Charles

Thanks Charles. We're really pleased with how the barn turned out, it's quite special. Catherine

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Catherine2638  Anything you change on your listing, be it price, cancellation policy, available amenities, availability settings, house rules, whatever, only affects future bookings. Confirmed bookings are locked in to the original conditions.

If you had kitchen facilities listed when a guest booked, and later removed them, the guest would have a legitimate complaint and would be owed a refund or discount. If you add an amenity that wasn't available when the guest booked and let them have access to it anyway, seems like a guest would be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Sarah,

We're letting guests who booked when we didn't have kitchen facilities use the shepherd's hut - they've really liked it. Catherine