Pricing

Trisha19
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Pricing

Seriously Airbnb - no customer service at all - passive income at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have listed and gone with their smart pricing - but it has put it at that all year - so now faced with 2 peak season bookings at 168dhms per night !! when it should be 650dhms 

not able to contact anyone - can someone please guide me on how to select charges for different months/seasons 

thanks in advance 

12 Replies 12
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Trisha19 First of all stop using smart pricing as it isnt the smartest choice here, then after setting a decent base price for your listing you can change the price for every month by simply going to your calender and set the price for the dates of your choice. Your base price will appear on the remaining dates that you will not choose. If you want to contact Airbnb for help you can always give them a call on the following number United Kingdom: +44 203 318 1111 or United States (USA): +1-415-800-5959 (local SF number) or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free). Good luck!!!

Hi @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0, could you please help me? I have a hostel and would like to set up price at $6/bed/night, but on the setting price they said tip is $10 and I can not do it lower. I think maybe beacuse I set up for a room (5 bunks) so I tried to change it that room for 1 pax, 1 bedroom, 1 bunk bed, 1 bathroom,... but it is still $10 on tips. Do you know how I can set up at rate $6? Thanks in advance!

@D-Green0 What i can advice you to do is to go to your calendar and lower the price manually.No matter what your base price is on your calendar you can change your price to any sum.But also take into consideration the tip that Airbnb is giving you and never leave money on the table.Good luck!!!

Lim3
Level 1
Malacca, Malaysia

Hi, 

I noticed that the advertised price of my property in homepage is far higher than the base price set in my Listing.

How do I change it ? 

Hello,

I need some advice...

I just signed up to airbnb and I did not realize that I have the calendar open to immediate book as well as my pricing was not much too low.

This created guests booking at very low prices.

I had to cancel one booking as I didn't realize my calendar was open and they wanted in this wknd!!! eeek.. I had to cancel that with no penalty thank goodness.. However,  I still have two bookings that are completely under priced and booked into my calandar.  I have updated my listing information going forward but how can I request more moeny from the two families that are booked in for upcoming weekends that were booked at a ridiculously low price?  If I cancel another booking is there not a penalty?

Also,

is there a way to ask the guest to pay more??  I don't know what to do

I had this same problem last summer and under the reservation you can go to "manage reservation" then click on the "request money from guest" tab, where you can request a dollar amount from that guest and give a valid reason as to why. I was able to resolve my issue with it actually having to do this, but Airbnb explained the process over the phone. So if you have issues requesting the money, call them and they can easily walk you through the steps 🙂 

Christine297
Level 2
Springfield, MO

- every time i pull up my chic loft (https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/12656558) it shows the cost in Australian dollars .... but the loft is in the USA -  this makes the loft look more expensive then it actually is - This is also reflected in the cleaning fees -  Anyone know how I can alter the price shown so it reflects US dollars.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi Christine

Go to manage listing, click on pricing and at the bottom is edit Currency.

Lots of helpfull information in the community help guides below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Meg49
Level 1
Margate, South Africa

Yes I have the same thing - price is per per per night and AirB&B puts it as the nightly fee combined - who do I speak to?!!!!

Hailey12
Level 2
Foster, Australia

I am a property manager, I have noticed that all the guests quotes do not include the security deposit amount in their totals. Just wondering if this is happeneing to anyone else? I have checked all my listings and they all have a security deposit amount set. Just wondering if Airbnb hold the security deposit even though it isnt shown in guests quotes??

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb doesn't take the 'deposit' from the guest up front, only if you reqest payment fr something - and only then if the guest doesn't successfully challenge it.  It's not really a deposit at all!

Sheila132
Level 2
Buckingham, VA

I listed my place, with a $5 per each extra person.  The guest put in that 3 of them were coming, but Airbnb did not add the extra $10.  What do I do??  Thanks for any help:)