Pricing

Answered!
Laurence-and-Michael0
Level 2
Beaminster, United Kingdom

Pricing

Hello,   

Is it possible to have a different price for 1 night, 2 nights, 3 nghts, 4 nights and so forth?   At the moment the base price is £150 per night, but if the room is let for 2 nights the total price is £250, 3 nights totsl price £ 350.   Can I seet the pricing to reflect these changes?

Thank you

Laurence

1 Best Answer
Laurence-and-Michael0
Level 2

Thank you so much for such a great suggestion!   I never thought of that but it is so simple.  🙂

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Laurence-and-Michael0 ,

There are some discounts coming up for other periods then month or week, but is not implemented everywhere. But your example could be easily managed by setting the cleaning fee to 50,- and the daily rate to 100,-

best regards, Emiel 

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Add the cleaning fee, @Laurence-and-Michael0, and check what you could achieve with it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Laurence-and-Michael0
Level 2

Thank you so much for such a great suggestion!   I never thought of that but it is so simple.  🙂

Janetta3
Level 1
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Hallo I am new to hosting with Airbnb.  I tried to contact them but it seems as if that is impossible.  I have a big house on the site.  I made a mistake to put my pricing as R300.  It seems that there is no option now to change this to R300 per person per night.  

I have my first guests coming. They are 5 people and will stay in my house for 3 days only paying R300 per day. If there is no way that a person can change this, I dont believe in Airbnb as a hosting company.  Is there anybody that can please help me?

Janetta

@Janetta3

1. Go to the page with your calendar

2. Click on 'price settings' on the vertical bar along the top of the page

3. In 'pricing' look for the option 'extra charges' and press edit

4. At the  'extra guests' box you can enter a price and at ' for each guest after ' enter a number . eg After more than: 1 guest, charge 300 per person, per night.

Ok. you have made the pricing error already so any changes will only be made to future bookings.

With the booking that has been made you can send a message to the guests and explain there was a mistake with the price and hopefully they will compensate you.

Otherwise you can either take one on the chin and learn from your error - or contact (https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us ) airbnb and see what they suggest to do - cancellation is also a consideration but it can incur varying penalties, read up on the rules beforehand.

Janetta3
Level 1
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Thank you so much Elena. I appreciate your promt response. Will do so. Blessings.

Well that was a good exclamation thank you I have now gone in and altered accordingly. I think I’ll have to take this one on the chin but it is my first booking so good practice for me

The exact same thing has happened to me. I set my price at €35 per night and I thought that meant per person.  I now have four people coming for nine nights but I’m only getting paid €35 per night which includes breakfast . Is there a way to reflect that the price is per person per night?

Is it possible to set up my pricing based on percentages - i.e. my weekly prices range from £370pw to £570pw. 2 nights cost 60%; 3 nts 75%; 4 nts 85%; 5nts 90% and 6nts £95%,Thanks!

I set my pricing for 337 ILS yet when I look at the preview of the listing isee the price is 349 ILS

I dont have smart pricing turned on, and the pricing is the same for all the calender. so why is it different from the price I set?

Alejandrina3
Level 1
San Remo, Australia

Hey guys I'm new to Airbnb and I listed my place 3 bed 3 bathroom apt near beach for 90 p night. Is that reasonable? A customer wants to book for 3 nights but total comes to $425 for the three nights! I added $20 for cleaning but it still doesn't add up to that much.! What am I doing wrong? 

Pls help 

Salima7
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hello everyone, I need your advice, I have a guest who booked for January 2019, but now due to low demand, I decreased the nightly rate. He sent me yesterday a message asking why did I charge him 7 Dollars more. I was kind of shock, please let me know if you have encountered such situations and how did you handle it, please.

Thank you in advance

Benice0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi there!

I am a new hostes and just need some guidance on pricing.

I have a private 2 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, kitchen & lounge studio in private estate.  My daily rate is R1095. (R32 850 monthly).I have a potential interest and requested,  if I can drop my rate to a monthly rate to R10 000 for 2 people. They would also like to book the studio on a month to month basis possibly for 6 months.

Please advise if this will be feesable.

Thank you

B

Mireille4
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Hi:

Is anyone know why my listing appears on a map seach at 220$CAD when I listed it for 190 $CAD ?  Is it because airbnb includes the taxes when show on the map ? 

Thank.

Mireille