Pricing

Mara1345
Level 1
Sheridan, OR

Pricing

How did you determine your pricing? I have a new listing and ABNB is suggesting a price far lower than what I think it's worth. I want to drum up business, though, so I followed their suggestions. However, when I check the calendar, they aren't making any adjustments to pricing after a couple months out. I've already had one 9-day booking made for the very lowest price, and in August! I have a pool! They should be paying $350 a night, not $164!

3 Replies 3
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Mara1345 

Never, never, never trust Airbnb's price suggestions! Override those prices immediately. Do some research and look at what other similar homes in your area are priced at. 

Right now, a group of seven could rent your house for a long weekend in August for $52 per person per night (that price includes all taxes and fees.) 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mara1345  Ignore Airbnb 's price tips completely. They have nothing to do with a fair price for your listing, they are designed with one thing in mind-to get hosts to drop their rates to absurd levels, a race to the bottom, so more guests will book and Airbnb can collect their service fees.

Airbnb doesn't "adjust" the price tips upwards just because you aren't a brand new host anymore. 

You set your price to whatever you feel is right.

And don't acquiesce to guests asking for discounts- guests who ask for discounts are red flags and if you agree, they usually turn out to be bad guests in other ways.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Mara1345 if you want automatic prices, consider a third-party pricing tool like pricelabs or wheelhouse (which I can attest is great). Airbnb is not on your side.