Prior guest wants to book outside Airbnb.

Deb75
Level 7
Altamont, TN

Prior guest wants to book outside Airbnb.

Has anyone been asked by a prior guests to let them book directly through you for another visit? I have hosted this couple before and they were fine, and  they contacted me for a fall booking.  I told them I could not go outside of Airbnb. Am I correct? I was thinking of occupancy taxes etc that Airbnb collect handled for me... And they made me uncomfortable even asking.

3 Replies 3
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

You are correct @Deb75. Never go offsite as it is against Terms of Service you agreed to with Airbnb and you could be delisted.

HOWEVER,  any agreements made separately from Airbnb is your own business. I have had the same and I just say for efficiency, I keep everything through Airbnb. You can offer a special price, and you don’t have to deal with the financial side of the agreement.

All my return guests have never asked to go below radar.  Keeps us both safe.....

Deb75
Level 7
Altamont, TN

Thank you! Thats what I told him. As a matter of fact he had originally booked the first visit through that other listing site and I recommended that he go through Airbnb this time instead. Him even asking made me uncomfortable. so we'll see if he takes my advice or disappears! I found it amusing that he is driving up from a long distance away to attend to concert in the area, and is worried about something as minor as guest fees.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Deb75   We have a lot of neighors who book our guesthouse for visiting friends and family.  Since those are people we know personally and since they did not learn of our listing through Airbnb, we do not go through the Airbnb platform.   Anybody else, I definitely would (even though there seems to be very little protection for the host, should something go wrong) .