Problem - I still haven't received a refund for canceling my apartment reservation.

Problem - I still haven't received a refund for canceling my apartment reservation.

Hello. From 02. 12. 21 r. I have a problem with getting a refund for cancelling a flat reservation. The system was not working, I asked for help from a i r b n b    support. From 03. 12. 21 r. I talked to them on the phone, wrote messages, sent print screens that the system was clearly not working. I asked for help in carrying out tasks that the system made impossible for me to do them. On 02. 12. 21 r. I had an information "€ 427.50 Your return is on its way.  We will send you a refund promptly. Contact your bank if you don't receive it by Dec 17 - it may take 15 days for your bank to make a deposit to your account." and on the next day it disappeared and I saw a sign "contact with A i r b n b    support". I was trying to get my refund on several computers, several browsers or a phone did not allow me ... The only thing I get is unhelpful responses, or even better, no response from an employee for two working days, until I called them again . Yesterday they closed my application after 1 day of non-response on Sunday ... even though the a i r b n b employee himself had informed me earlier that I would not get any help from them on Sunday. I believe that they are operating against the customer service policy. Can anyone help me? Will I get a contact to the a i r b n b  support supervisory unit here? I would like a qualified person to help me recover my refund and to forward and read my messages to which I did not get a reply ... or I did not receive any help.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kamila64 

You (still) need to contact Airbnb for this refund / payout issue.

Maybe also try Twitter (account: AirbnbHelp)

The community can only help you with general questions.

BTW Which tasks could you not perform on 02/12 ?

(As you also mentioned the refund was "on your way" on 02/12 )

@Emiel1 

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I still talk to a i r b n b support, but as I wrote, they are behaving inconsistently with the customer service policy and I feel served by incompetent employees. .. that's why I'm looking for help ... some contact to the top manager ... I'll go on twitter later, thank you. The system first accepted the booking, I got a confirmation on the a i r b n b website that I should wait for a refund and, for example, as always on the right in the messages with the host, there was an inscription like wait for a refund. When the next time I went to the site, the "cancel the booking" option was displayed again ... so I tried to arrange it again as quickly as possible, and I only got the message "contact customer service for help", I couldn't cancel the booking again, a i r b n b support did not help me with this, nor did introduce any changes to the system, and so from 02/12/21. I did not get help.

Translation of the printscreens

"Return status

€ 427.50
Your return is on its way
We will send you a refund promptly. Contact your bank if you don't receive it by Dec 17 - it may take 15 days for your bank to make a deposit to your account.

Details
Refund amount (EUR)
€ 427.50
Payment method

Return initiated
2 dec
Return sent
2 dec
Expected arrival
Before 17 Dec"

Second one: 

"Something went wrong. Please contact Customer Service for help."

AIRBNB.pngairbnb 2.png

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While @Emiel1  is correct that this forum isn't able to assist with refunds, I am curious why you are continuing to be concerned when you received a message to expect a refund by Dec 17th and it is only Dec 13th.  There are many reasons why guests do not get an expected refund, but they usually get it if there is a message that it is "on its way".  Perhaps there is more to the story.

@Linda108 

Thank you for your answer. I wrote on the forum, because I am looking for some help, contact to top manager or someone competent, who can deal with my problem.. The system first accepted the reservation, I got a confirmation on the airbnb website that I should wait for the refund and for example, as always on the right side in the messages with the host there was an inscription like "wait for a refund". The next time I went to the site, the "cancel the booking" option was displayed again ... so I tried to arrange it again as quickly as possible, and I only got the message "contact customer service for help", I couldn't cancel the booking again, airbnb support did not help me with this, nor did  introduce any changes to the system, and so from 02/12/21. I did not get help.

Translation of the printscreens

"Return status

€ 427.50
Your return is on its way
We will send you a refund promptly. Contact your bank if you don't receive it by Dec 17 - it may take 15 days for your bank to make a deposit to your account.

Details
Refund amount (EUR)
€ 427.50
Payment method

Return initiated
2 dec
Return sent
2 dec
Expected arrival
Before 17 Dec"

Second one: 

"Something went wrong. Please contact Customer Service for help."