Problem getting paid out by Airbnb

Kim293
Level 2
Paonia, CO

Problem getting paid out by Airbnb

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with not getting paid out by Airbnb. I have hosted 3 separate guests in the last month and none of the payouts have hit my bank account. The transaction history and the primary customer service center says they have paid but my bank assures me they have not. I have been trying to contact them for over a week but they say it is a different department, which I cannot contact and that department has not responded yet even though the first payout was supposed to have come 12 days ago. Does anyone have any advise of what I should do?

16 Replies 16
Morgan46
Level 2
Washington, DC

Kim- me too!!! Exact same thing! Ive called multiple times each day- been promised a supervisor will call me 19 times over past two weeks and not ONE time has any called me from Airbnb. All reps say they aren't authroized to help and case manager will be in contact. Which of course they havent been! What do we do?! 

Kim293
Level 2
Paonia, CO

Yes! I have called every day that I can, my problem is I am currently travelling in Africa! Even if I wasn't though there is nothing I can do as they have no reponce to my calls...just the same as you and no returned emails. I really don't know what to do...so frustrated. And now I have more and more bookings that I am worried about if I am not going to get paid! So glad it is happening to at least one other person. Losing my mind!

Jennifer19
Level 4
Windham, CT

Kim, has the payout problem been resolved?

Genea1
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

YES ME TOO! and my Sister also. They keep missing payments and my co host is not getting paid.!

I keep telling them that their customer care is awful, they all say different reasons, it's like they havn't even been trained. (well definitley not in the same lesson) How can a company of this magnitude lack so badly in customer care and staffing resources. How is this even happening. Im so furious, they keep saying they will get someone to call me....NOTHING! Is this even allowed?

I think we should all stick together and make up as much noise as possible.Someone needs to go the media with it, then they might actually pay attention. This is people's livelihoods and it's not right!

I agree! And I don't think it is professional at all that they would take so long to respond when this is our finances at stake! Our livelihood! I was not able to recoup the full amount of bank fees they cost me, although I do also take some responsibility at living so close to the edge!

Mike-And-Lyn-And-Andy-An0
Level 2
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

I have been reading the complaints about Airbnb not paying hosts.  I am a new host and have also not received payment even though the site suggests that I have been paid.  How does one even speak to a human being at Airbnb? There are no telephone numbers or email addresses that I can discern.  Any thoughts from anyone please?

Mike you can find their customer care number by doing a google search for their contact info, it is not anywhere on their website. Btw it's 8554247262 (I practically know it by heart but it is not too helpful at all).  Like mentioned they will just forward your concerns to another department that cannot be reached by phone who will then contact you in a very slow and lengthy process by email.  

Kim293
Level 2
Paonia, CO

My only advice is extreme patience...Kinda like slow food 😉 sorry for sarcasm but humor may help you get through. It took me 18 days to get any real feedback from Airbnb.  Finally though they did respond and we were able to deduce they had put my payouts through an old bank routing number when they added a cohost to my account. We found the funds and are still tryi to get the new account registered. Responce rate is extremely slow.  Calling them proved rather useless and you will just need to wait til the payments team gets ahold of you, for me it was through email. Hope it helps! I have never had a problem before, but this one had bad timing!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kim293@Mike-And-Lyn-And-Andy-An0@Genea1@Jennifer19@Morgan46,

Lovely to meet you all, my name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here in the Community Center. I hope you don't mind I have moved this discussion from Host Voice which is an ideas area to Help. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties receiving your payments. I can confim that hosts are receiving payments, however in terms of the delay with your this could be for a number of different reasons, based on your individual account and perhaps payment method set up. 

As it has been a little while since some of the comments here, I just wondered if you have received payment yet? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie- thanks for the reply but I think this needs to be in both Host Voice and Help- mainly so that others can see this and it is part of our "voice" to band together on this one. I am still receving delayed payments and was told it was due it part to when the guest pays?! We as hosts are not in charge of when a guest does or does not pay- which is a major reason we use AirBNB to facilitate the payment process- and what we pay a service fee with each reservation to AirBNB. Furthermore and perhaps most annoyingly- is the complete lack of AirBNB response, concern, or customer service to solve this problem for their "partners" in business, us as hosts. I can not believe the lack of response and outright lies from the customer service reps that a supervisor would 100% call me back, now over 20 times promised and still not one phone call from AirBNB. The service is a joke but delaying our payments- regardless of the reason as long as its not host issues- is unaccpetable, and from what I read in the terms and conditions of our contract, completely illegal based on 24 hour payout time as long as all conditions were met. Which for me, were and I am assuming for many hosts with this issue, the same stands. 

Yes, it is most unfortunate that the customer service representatives just seem to say whatever they want to calm us down, but there is no truth in it. They seem like motherless children 😉  I am a little shocked by this and it is most unsettling when your money is missing! I think with a great deal of follow up you can get your needs met, but with long long responce times and only by email for me. 

Hi Lizzie, I am new to this discussion but have also had trouble being paid out and am waiting on multiple payments.  I have updated my payment method as well as tried different accounts, still nothing.

The earnings show up in my 'future transactions' however no indication of when they will be paid or if there is perhaps a problem with my default account...

Please HELP.

thank you in advance!

Brooke

Joe-and-Gail0
Level 2
Valley Forge, PA

Yes Kim us too!

Our guest checked out on July 2, 2017 and we still have not been paid.

Did you get your payment?

We sent 4 emails that are unanswered and spoke on the phone to 4 different representatives.

Joe and Gail

Hi Joe and Gail, I did get those payments that went missing for practically the whole month of June. And then received a couple payments like normal and now have another payment missing, supposedly for another reason. Will just have to wait the requisite time of seemingly weeks to hear from them. The email messages through the responce team are the only ones that worked for me. The phone representatives and even the "managers" were completely unhelpful and as mentioned untruthful. I'm hoping things get better fast!