Problem with Seattle Short Term Rental License. Can only host 30+ day stays. Been nearly 2 months and AirBnB can't seem to solve it

Teresa1448
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Problem with Seattle Short Term Rental License. Can only host 30+ day stays. Been nearly 2 months and AirBnB can't seem to solve it

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Currently we can only book 30+ night stays because AirBnB can't seem to process our STR license with the City of Seattle. We have been dealing with this and losing money since June 25th and we just keep getting passed around in the customer service cycle. I think we've been told to fill out the same Google Form three times now. The form is actually an exemption form, which lets you claim exemption from the city's STR laws. But, we aren't exempt, we are Licensed through Aug 2021.  No one in customer service can seem to solve this and every time we reach someone, they are far too low on the totem pole to even think about it. What's worse, is they are are being very unclear about what is actually happening or what the problem with our license is, so we are feeling helpless. We were registered under the same process in 2019 and didn't seem to have a problem. This one arose when we went to renew our license back in June. 

Has anyone ovrecome a similar situation OR had any lick escalating something to the leadership at AirBnB corporate? 

Teresa

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Quincy  is this something you can escalate & help @Teresa1448 get resolved?

I know in Auckland, New Zealand they have spoken about removing the requirement to be registered as STR's with Council bc of Covid.

Perhaps it's something the Area Managers like Susan Wheeldon / Derek Nolan can also look into in Australasia where our Tourism has been severely damaged as international travellers we rely on can't get here.

Kelley97
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I am having the same problem in Seattle!  No idea how to solve it.  I am chatting with someone but they keep sending me the Google doc and saying I have to wait for an email reply before anything can change.  My short term rental license is current and is entered into the Airbnb app.  This has never happened before and I've been a host for several years. 

Alex7457
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Hi guys, I have had my Apartment for a year now and it was booked non stop and busy and all 5 star reviews and I am a super host... and al of a sudden, after my last clients leave that were with me for a month, it’s quiet. So I see in my page that my Listing has been deactivated!? What? So I reached two days ago to ask what on earth is going on... ? And again today... and no one can give me an answer! They say it’s been escalated and being worked on?!! What! Meanwhile, I am losing $ and the company is Losing $!? I am frustrated! It sounds like what you are discussing... why can’t we speak to someone at Corporate about this!? 

Jun1005
Level 2
Seattle, WA

any updates to this issue?