Problem with "Upcoming Payouts" -- not received 3 payouts going back 3 months -- support not fixing

Katie---Sean0
Level 10
Carlsbad, CA

Problem with "Upcoming Payouts" -- not received 3 payouts going back 3 months -- support not fixing

I have not received 3 "Upcoming Payouts" from 2 different bookings.  They go all the way back to June, because we only offer 30-day minimum stays.

I didn't notice the first two (June) payments had not arrived because I was undergoing intensive daily medical treatment, a lot fell off the radar. 

I noticed the problem after a guest arrived 22nd August and no payment arrived.  I was told to wait a week -- I waited -- no payment -- so I opened a support ticket 11-days ago.

Airbnb support told me it was a "one in a million problem" and a "specialized team" was working on it.

After 3-days she said it was fixed!  Nope... not fixed. Nothing changed. She didn't even know how to look at my "upcoming payouts" tab, I had to send a screenshot to show her the 3 missing payouts are still... MISSING.

I asked many times for the case to be escalated to a manager or supervisor. Now apparently a supervisor is on it, but still nothing has changed. The payouts are still stuck. Not happening.

So I actually opened a BBB complaint, hoping that might make something happen. But all I got was a response telling me "specialized support teams are working on a resolution" and to basically keep working with them.

I'm at my wits end. I need my payouts. Any suggestions appreciated,

Katie

31 Replies 31
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katie---Sean0 

A "specialized support team" ?

A guess a bunch of robots is launched to get rid of you !

@Emiel1 -- I don't understand what your reply means. It's a really stressful situation, so please forgive me if I'm not getting the joke...

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Katie---Sean0 @Emiel1 

I think he’s hinting that they might send The Terminator to sort things out.

Probably not.

If they acknowledged that they owe you, it seems to me that the appropriate action would be to pay you immediately and figure out what caused the problem on their own time.

I really sympathize with your distress and you have every right to expect prompt payment.

@Brian2036 I wish they would send somebody to sort it out 🤣 and thanks for your kind words I needed some of those today. 

Andrej83
Level 2
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hi. I have the same problem. Waiting for payouts since mid July. I've got the same answers as you. 5 days ago they told me it's fixed and the money is coming. Still no payouts.  They were ignoring my requests for help for several days before the "we fix it" answer. They know what the problem is for at least a month now. The same thing happened to hosts last year in august.

@Andrej83 thanks for sharing – I’m actually somewhat reassured by hearing this – that it’s not only me, and also that it happened last year and got resolved. The “support” is appallingly bad and non-existent. Like somebody else said here, outsourced. 

Hi Andrej, I have this problem for over 4 months now. spoken to support over 30 times for sure. still nothing. Have you resolved the issue? 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Katie---Sean0 It is possible Airbnb was never able to collect the payment from the guest. It’s not uncommon with long term stays, apparently. By the way, this is not a “one in a million problem”, as you were told. Just do a key word search for ‘missing payout’ on this forum. Airbnb outsources it’s CS, so these third party agents do not work for Airbnb, and rarely even know a lick of Airbnb policy, never mind know how to deal with any issues. It’s not much better if you ever get your issue ‘escalated’ either. Perhaps try a social media campaign. Some people report success with that. Good luck, and I hope you are well now.

@Colleen253 I wondered the same thing, but in the past if there was a payment collection problem, I have always received a notification email. Plus one of the guests is still here, she arrived 23rd August. I asked if her card has been charged, and she said yes, I trust her. 

@Katie---Sean0 You can rule that out, then. Since this is a guest you trust and have a good relationship with, I wonder if you would feel comfortable asking her to contact Airbnb and ask them what they did with her money, as the host never received the payment. Another host on this forum once shared that they, or another host they know, had a guest do that, and the money magically appeared in short order. As a guest, I"d be mighty upset that Airbnb was seemingly pocketing my payment.

@Colleen253 ite s good idea but my guest is going to run into the same problem I have – there is no support available. Just a bunch of outsourced CS who don’t know anything and can’t help. I’ve been going back and forth with them for 2 weeks so far. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Katie---Sean0 Is there anything in your account settings that says your payment methods need to be updated, etc.?

https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings/payments/payout-methods

@Emilia42 good suggestion but no, I checked the correct bank account is added and it is. Maybe I could try re-adding it, but the “community support” person helping me said don’t, it’s good. Although I’ve since realized she didn’t know much of anything, so anything is worth a try at this point. 

@Katie---Sean0  “ Maybe I could try re-adding it”

I would be hesitant to make any change or update to payout method especially if you’re not being asked to. Other hosts have reported payout issues after doing that, and you don’t want to compound the problem.