Problem with "Upcoming Payouts" -- not received 3 payouts going back 3 months -- support not fixing

Katie---Sean0
Level 10
Carlsbad, CA

Problem with "Upcoming Payouts" -- not received 3 payouts going back 3 months -- support not fixing

I have not received 3 "Upcoming Payouts" from 2 different bookings.  They go all the way back to June, because we only offer 30-day minimum stays.

I didn't notice the first two (June) payments had not arrived because I was undergoing intensive daily medical treatment, a lot fell off the radar. 

I noticed the problem after a guest arrived 22nd August and no payment arrived.  I was told to wait a week -- I waited -- no payment -- so I opened a support ticket 11-days ago.

Airbnb support told me it was a "one in a million problem" and a "specialized team" was working on it.

After 3-days she said it was fixed!  Nope... not fixed. Nothing changed. She didn't even know how to look at my "upcoming payouts" tab, I had to send a screenshot to show her the 3 missing payouts are still... MISSING.

I asked many times for the case to be escalated to a manager or supervisor. Now apparently a supervisor is on it, but still nothing has changed. The payouts are still stuck. Not happening.

So I actually opened a BBB complaint, hoping that might make something happen. But all I got was a response telling me "specialized support teams are working on a resolution" and to basically keep working with them.

I'm at my wits end. I need my payouts. Any suggestions appreciated,

Katie

31 Replies 31

@Colleen253 if other hosts have reported problems after re-adding payment method I'll wait on trying that, thanks for your help and good advice here.

Algirdas5
Level 2
Shanghai, China

I have a similar problem. A guest has canceled their one month stay after a week claiming water leakage problems. Since I have already received the payout for her stay I was sort of in debt and figured airbnb will use that credit to equalize with future guests. So it did, we got even with the new reservations and me not receiving any pay for those. Problem is that by now Im being owed around 1000$ and still no payouts. So as Im getting new reservations, airbnb is charging the guest but Im getting no pay so it piles up. Ive tried to get in touch with the support but they just say we are working on it for two weeks now and nobody can tell me when it will be resolved. Its really frustrating as I dont want to keep receiving guests and not getting any pay. Any advice??

@Algirdas5 unfortunately I don’t have any advice for you because I’m having exactly the same experience. For the last two weeks Support has been telling me they are aware of the problem and some team is fixing it. But they can’t tell me when it will be fixed. My issue is the same as yours, upcoming payouts are stuck and not being released. Every few days a new and different support person takes over the ticket and is even more clueless than the previous one. It’s a joke. Meanwhile I am now $5000 in the hole with no indication of when I will receive payouts. I verified with the guests whose payments I have not received, and their credit cards have been charged. So Airbnb has the money they are just not releasing it to me. Or you. And I wonder how many other hosts are affected.

Hi @Katie---Sean0 Im still on the same merry go round. Accepting guests who get their accounts charged but I dont receive the payments because they are stuck in the upcoming payouts. I spoken to the support probably 40 times, some try harder, others just say they sent my issue to another team and I should be hearing from them soon, which I never did. Its been 4+ months and its about 2000€ that Ive been unpaid. Have you finally got paid?

Did you finally receive your payments?

I had multiple issues and difficulties and after exactly a month since my first guests checked in I still DIDN'T get the payment due to me !

A brief description of the ongoing debacle ; 

1) My bank is partially owned by a Russian Bank so due to Western Sanctions the payment into my bank account didn't go through.

It was the only payout method I had registered on my account because of a persistent technical glitch on the app since December 2021 when I set up the listing.

2) Trying to alter the default account is not possible on the app. 

Any CS representative that tells you otherwise is lying to you knowingly.

The only way to do it is on a laptop or desktop that is NOT one in a net café or hotel lounge or any public desktop for security / privacy reasons...

This means people who have no laptop or desktop literally need to buy one in hope they one day get hold of their payments.

3) Finally I uploaded two new bank account payout methods. Both were verified and both were a default payoit method at varying times but the system claims they are not legit for payout because the region is 'unavailable' for payouts. 

The 'region' is India so perhaps Airbnb wants to convince me that Indian Bank accounts are unavailable to receive payouts on Airbnb which is of course false.

4) I will try to get paid via the Western Union option but I doubt even that will work.

I will update you on how it goes if you are interested.

@Summit-View0I'm sorry for what you are experiencing. I did eventually receive my outstanding payments around 3 months after they stopped. It was a technical glitch at Airbnb's end somehow triggered by a long-stay guest repeatedly extending their reservation. For over a month I was told some tech team was fixing it, but they weren't and it took a lot of hammering on the right doors to be heard. Once somebody listened, a really nice and helpful chap helped me and stayed with the case until it was resolved. Definitely a very stressful experience, not necessarily the amount of time it took to get resolved, but the lack of anyone actually listening or doing anything about it. I think since then Airbnb have hired a lot of new support staff so hopefully things have improved. I hope your situation gets resolved.

Hello Katie and Sean,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad you finally got the money due to you (better late than never).

In my case I am waiting for five weeks for the payout and I still didn't get any of it.

My listing is new (I started it in December 2021) and the guests were the first booking I got from Airbnb.

I was very enthusiastic and eager to create a long and mutually beneficial business partnership with Airbnb but now I am disappointed and totally disillusioned.

This is not only because it is 5 long weeks and I still didn't get a cent (the booking was for 28 nights and the guests were satisfied and stayed for the entire 28 nights BTW) but because I discovered how clumsy and impractical the Airbnb system actually is on some fronts ie;

1) They mistook and still mistake me (the host) with the guest !

Yes, crazy as it may sound in my correspondence with CS the tickets are opened for 'your stay in Dilijan between the 3rd - 31st March 2022' (!)

2) The Airbnb system couldn't get the one and only booking I had right in terms of number of nights.

It consistently showed as 'your 30 nights booking' when in fact even a four year old can calculate the number of nights as 28...

3) Airbnb app is full of cartoons and useless videos that teach us imbecile hosts how to wipe a door handle but it is not possible to add or edit payout methods.

I am currently in the Republic of Georgia having had the payout method of receiving the payout by Western Union verified on the system since 48 hours ago. 

Despite that the Western Union payout method is verified and despite that I made sure to only request 2,000 USD which is not the full amount owed to me (I know there is a limit of 2,000 USD per each Western Union transfer) I still didn't get an MTCN so I am still unable to collect the money.

My advice to new hosts is to first build their business and after achieving a cushion of cash to only then venture into Airbnb.

I spent 300,000 USD buying (in cash. No mortgages around this neck of the woods!) and renovating a villa and building a swimming pool and parking space for five vehicles, gardening etc. I rented out my villa for the first time for a ridiculously low price that doesn't even cover my fixed costs and yet I find myself waiting for 5 weeks already to even get what is lawfully due to me.

I have near zero trust in Western Corporations (especially American ones) so I made sure to screenshot each and every correspondence and to record my conversations with CS.

If they drag their legs further (now the Western Union payout method is verified they should be out of excuses) I will comply with my dedicated team a You Tube video that will expose Airbnb failing me as a host.

Just see how many tickets the system opened and how many hours of my time and their customer service time they wasted in the past 30 days ... 

It won't make me any richer but the sweet sensation of revenge is surely worth something...

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

It is now six weeks since I was supposed to get paid for a 28 night stay that went smoothly and was my first booking ever and still I got nothing (what a 'wonderful' start)...

I am in touch with two Airbnb Customer Service representatives and two tickets are open and have been for around ten days and fifteen days respectively as well as no less than seven (!) tickets and representatives opened and spoken to by phone and messaging in past 5 weeks and closed with empty promises but still no solution.

I uploaded four payout methods so far (three international wire to bank accounts in two countries, Western Union, and I am more than happy to get paid by Google Pay but this option is not available to me and the Airbnb system isn't providing any reason why that is.

Each and every payout method I uploaded was/is verified and approved by the system (!) but CS keeps telling me there is a glitch in the Airbnb system and I must wait patiently and that their technical team is looking into it bla bla bla.

I am gathering evidence for 5 weeks already by recording all the conversations I have with CS representatives and taking screen shots of all the correspondence.

I also disabled the automatic booking facility which is a lose lose situation but I refuse to accept new reservations for a 400 square meter property with hefty utility bills if I don't get paid (I refuse to commit financial suicide in return for promises)...

I know going to court against Airbnb is next to impossible especially me being outside the US but I will expose them for their unacceptable conduct thanks to my team member who is very talented and tech savvy and will compile a YouTube video that will cause Airbnb a lot more financial damage via bad publicity on YouTube than the utility they get from holding 2,133 USD owed to me for a few months... 

There is no use in posting a screen shot of the conversation with CS in this forum because it will be deleted anyway by the Airbnb thought police agents but I am sure you get the picture already...

Same here no payouts for September rentals.

Downtown-Keys0
Level 2
Red Sea Governorate, Egypt

We haven't received any payouts since July $ 8.600 payouts are pending . We are a renown group in Egypt but don't know how to resolve it. Airbnb support doesn't reply to written messages, call center is not very helpfull, but they admitted there was a technical bug blocking the payouts.

Same here!!! Are they robbing us?

Yes the Airbnb still delays payouts to hosts and they openly admit that it is due to various technical glitches and technical issues they are facing.

What the customer service representatives do not mention is that these technical glitches are more likely than not to be intentionally infused into their horrible Airbnb website and even more useless Airbnb app by Airbnb because it apparently suits them to withhold money as long as possible.

I am waiting for my payout for 6 weeks and have been in touch with eight customer service representatives already.

Imagine how much money Airbnb is spending to employ staff in various call centers despite they are unable to provide solutions to the most basic issues because Airbnb doesn't want them to.

Very sad state of affairs.

Hi @Downtown-Keys0 have you managed to resolve the issue? My payouts are stuck for 4+ months and support is useless..

Any ideas?

Did you finally get paid?

It is almost six weeks on my side and still no payout reached me despite uploading four different payout methods and having them all verified by the system (!).

Desirée22
Level 3
Iași, Romania

I also have the same problem! Not being paid since over a month! What can we do?