Problem with "Upcoming Payouts" -- not received 3 payouts going back 3 months -- support not fixing

Katie---Sean0
Level 10
Carlsbad, CA

Problem with "Upcoming Payouts" -- not received 3 payouts going back 3 months -- support not fixing

I have not received 3 "Upcoming Payouts" from 2 different bookings.  They go all the way back to June, because we only offer 30-day minimum stays.

I didn't notice the first two (June) payments had not arrived because I was undergoing intensive daily medical treatment, a lot fell off the radar. 

I noticed the problem after a guest arrived 22nd August and no payment arrived.  I was told to wait a week -- I waited -- no payment -- so I opened a support ticket 11-days ago.

Airbnb support told me it was a "one in a million problem" and a "specialized team" was working on it.

After 3-days she said it was fixed!  Nope... not fixed. Nothing changed. She didn't even know how to look at my "upcoming payouts" tab, I had to send a screenshot to show her the 3 missing payouts are still... MISSING.

I asked many times for the case to be escalated to a manager or supervisor. Now apparently a supervisor is on it, but still nothing has changed. The payouts are still stuck. Not happening.

So I actually opened a BBB complaint, hoping that might make something happen. But all I got was a response telling me "specialized support teams are working on a resolution" and to basically keep working with them.

I'm at my wits end. I need my payouts. Any suggestions appreciated,

Katie

31 Replies 31
Downtown-Keys0
Level 2
Red Sea Governorate, Egypt

We finally received all payouts in December, after I received another message to update our business information. 
Transcription of company name from arabic to english had a small discrepancy, which was apparently the only reason it was blocked.

Katie---Sean0
Level 10
Carlsbad, CA

Reply to all who asked -- yes we did end up getting paid, it took 3 months. General and twitter support were no help at all, extremely frustrating. I ended up resorting to communicating with the CEO's office, where there seems to be a team (sometimes) willing to help.

The first time I messaged, no help at all. The second time I literally begged whomever read my message to take pity on me and make the effort to go the extra mile, actually investigate the issue of payments, and resolve it. Fortunately that second time, I reached a good person who was willing to make the effort to solve the problem.

All Airbnb support has been a crapshoot for the last 2 years, not surprising given they had to lay off 80% of their staff at the start of the pandemic. I will say though -- I've noticed support improving again lately, there is now an actual dedicated "superhost support" service, which has been very good the last two times I've needed support.

I'm not going to provide the CEO office support info here, don't want to get into any trouble for sharing that, it's easily researched.