Problems changing a reservation/Pedido de alteração de reserva ainda não foi aceito pelo anfitri :/

MariaCristina4
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Problems changing a reservation/Pedido de alteração de reserva ainda não foi aceito pelo anfitri :/

Hi guys! Can someone please help me solving this problem? Days ago I made a reservation paying - I swear! - all the attention in the world on the dates, and only then, when it's confirmed and I received the Airbnb e-mail, I noticed the month was wrong (which was truly weird, since it never happened before with any reservations I made and I was really paying attention). Instead of march, it was reserved for may, in the same days (Check-in May 24th instead of March 24th).

Then I immediately requested the alteration here, and AirBnb is showing me the host was properly notified.

I've sent him a message, and asked him - who is a very kind senior and a superhost here on Airbnb, with 11 reservations and 100% 5 stars - to please accept my changing request. 

He kindly assured me that he already accepted it, and that on May 24th he will confirm it with Airbnb, "for clarifications" (I actually didn't understand what he meant by that, and I have to say maybe we might be having some communications problems since he speaks spanish and my spanish sucks - just like my english). 

Thing is: Airbnb is telling me my request is still waiting for an answer. But he told me he accepted it, and that I don't have to worry (aaaand he told me that other thing that I didn't understand - about confirming the alteration on may). I'm really worried, so I insisted, sending him a lot of messages for making sure he already accepted the alteration, and he keeps telling me he did and I don't have to worry about anything (he is really a kind person).

....But the site is still showing me that my request is waiting for an answer....

So I'm kinda struggling here and have a lot of questions, if someone can answer me I'll be really grateful!

1. Is it possible that the site might be experiencing a delay for noticing the host accepted it?

2. How does the alteration works? Is it usually really fast or doest it takes some time and I can just chill out while waiting some days?

3. Does the "I accepted your request, I'll confirm with the site on MAY, don't worry" makes sense?

4. Since he's a superhost and seems like a very nice person I don't think he would lie to me at all (and why would he?). Maybe he might be having some difficulties accepting the request. Is the process for accepting an alteration kinda hard?

5. Can Airbnb help us, like doing the alteration itself, if the host is having difficulties but alrealy assured me he accepted it, so there's no reason for not changing?

Thank you very much and sorry about the huge post, I'm really worried, since not changing the reservation in time may result in the poor host receiving the payment only after may 24th instead of march 24th and it's not fair.

5 Replies 5
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @MariaCristina4

There's not much you can do...
Contact Airbnb by phone or Twitter @AirbnbHelp again to press them (Airbnb and the host)
Make sure the dates you want still available, otherwise it will never happen...

Cancel your current REQUEST for alteration and send another one... This will trigger another notification and email to your host...

There's no delay on the reservation system... maybe a few minutes....

Yes, Airbnb may be able to change it with a VERBAL confirmation from your host... They will contact him for that...

IN LAST CASE take a look on your host cancelation policy and if it is Flexible or Moderate cancel as soon as possible... Your host may not be interested in changing it or worse, the date may not be available...

Luis

Thank you, @Luis-and-Tati0

I don't think the host is not accepting the alteration, since it would be worse for him. If he doesn't accept, he will receive his payment only on may 24th instead of receiving on march 24th.

And the host told me he already accepted it, but airbnb is the one saying my request is still waiting for an answer.

He sounds like a really nice and afable person, also a superhost with 100% great reviews, I truly don't think he's lying, and there's no use in lying since he would be the only one harmed by this attitude. 

Have you accepted an alteration request before? Does it immediately unblock the wrong dates on your calendar or does it takes some time?

I'll try to contact Airbnb by phone, thanks again!

@MariaCristina4

Sorry, I undesrtood the dates wrong the first time... Yes.. If he is available for march will be worse for him to let you travel, receive no money and a have the dates blocked...

I have accepted requests in the past, but the notification goes only via email and ONLY works if he aproves via a web browser, computer prefered.... When we go to the message thread the first thing on the top is the alteration request... If he is repliyng via email, txt or smartphone app, most likely he didn't see where to accept the alteration...

Once he accept it you will be notified with a new travel intinerary...

Luis

Thank you very much for your help, @Luis-and-Tati0!! I contacted Airbnb, hope it works! 

I have a guest that has booked 21-28 December 2016. He now wants to change this from 22-29 December. I am fine to allow this. What is the easiest way to get this done?