Problems with Payout

Brandon2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Problems with Payout

The billing for our room is off. We are charging $130/night. The renter, however, was charged $128/night. Two nights at that price should be $256; yet the charge Airbnb came up with is $255. That's just bad math, besides the fact, it's not the correct amount we're charging. This is all before the 3% service fee. Anyone else having this problem? What's going on!?

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Brandon2 You have a very lovely listing which I looked at briefly.  Are you referring to the reservation scheduled for April 13-14?  A cursory look at your calendar looks like you charge $125 per night Sunday -Thursday  and $135 per night for Friday and Saturdays. Is this not correct? This reservation was on weekdays so your payout would be $250 less $7.50 in service fees for a total of $242 (Airbnb only deals in whole numbers). 

The guest's service fee would be 12% so he or she would have  been charged $280.  

I'm really confused as apparently you are too!

Can you clarify?  

I was actually referring to the reservation for March 26-28th. You helped me realize where my misunderstanding was. We charged $130 for Saturday night and $125 for Sunday. I guess the system takes the average of the two ($128). I was confused seeing the "$128 x 2 nights" because that is not a price we listed. I was also confused by the rounding up or down for whole numbers. In the end, the math is right and our payout is correct. Thank you so much for helping me understand!

@Brandon2 You're very welcome!  Here's a bonus tip:  Book mark this link which has great tips and instructions on a variety of topics. It was put together by a fellow host (Dave and Deb) and is one of the most useful guides for helping navigate the Airbnb system. I use it all the time!

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Getting-Started/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Hope you have a very lucrative career on Airbnb!