Problems with long stay discount and last minute discount

Imodijo0
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Problems with long stay discount and last minute discount

I am having problems with long stay discount and last minute discount for more than a month (since 3 november).

Initially the value of the long stay discount was applied randomly and even changed when the Client was going to book. Customers had different discounts and prices for the same reservation

After having several customer complaints I had to put my ads off line.

Managing this problem with the technical area of ​​airbnb has been a complete nightmare

After a month the only thing the technical area was able to do was turn off the last minute discout when the long stay discount is applied. (for example weekly discount) Either apply one or apply another but if the Customer is entitled to both only apply the long stay discount and does not apply the last minute discount even if the Customer is entitled to it.

The first line of support is always available and must have opened more than 10 cases on the subject. Then it goes to the technical area and the problem remains unresolved or else they close their cases with meaningless answers like the fault is the channel manager when I have no channel manager connected to the announcement.

Because of this I have almost 30 apartments closed for more than a month, I even have reservations that airbnb has not paid me for more than a month (the technical area is also trying to solve that technical problem .

Does it also happen in your account? If you have 2 discounts, long stay discount and last offer discount, do you only apply long stay discount and do not apply the last minute discount? Does the technical area always work like this? The support area has always been fantastic, but when it comes to the technical area ... It's a horror movie.

I have been working with airbnb since 2016, I left with the problems of ICAL (at the time also thanks to the incapacity of the technical area), I came back again because I always liked the platform and its users and believed that @Catherinepowell had already managed to solve these types of problems in support of the technical problems of the hosts. But this has been one of the worst experiences of my life and I am been forced to close the acount on airbnb. 

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Imodijo0 

What do you mean by "long stay discount" ?

Weekly, monthly (or other amount of nights) discounts can be set in the pricing section and they are used on the whole calender.

But the last minute or early bird discounts can only be set in rule sets (which must be applied to a certain time period).and they will mix (but not overrule) with the standard discounts. Please note special discounts do not always work when you are on "Smart Pricing'.

The platform has a pricecalculator, which shows you what guests see when they book your accomodation. Always use it when having setup complex discounts:  simulate several bookings to see if price caclultion works as you expect it !

Hello @Emiel1 

Thanks for the answer and congratulations on the superhost.

In the "listings" tab of the ad, you can load several discounts. I mentioned "Discounts for length of stay" in which you choose the length of stay and the discount for the duration of these stays that usually appears to customers as" Long stay discount ". There is also "Last minute discount" for last minute bookings. After almost a month of erratic behavior, at the moment the 2 do not work at the same time. The same reservation is entitled to 2 discounts only the long stay discount works.

When you have a lot of ads, you can also do this by creating rules in the calendar that you apply to the apartments you want.
Of course, if smart pricing is enabled, none of that applies.

They are regular discounts in the hospitality industry and are usual on all platforms and PMS.

I have been working with them for 5 years and it has only been chaos since 3 November.
There is no point in having a simulator for instance when the airbnb system itself applies different discounts and prices to the same Client for the same reservation within seconds.

The support area of ​​and the technical area of ​​airbnb knows well what I am talking about because they do not lack open cases, print screens, and even videos with examples. Just just do not know how to solve the problem for more than a month and i have almost 30 apartments closed....

I would just like to know if it is a problem that is happening only in my account or if it is happening in all accounts. I'm already so tired of all this that if it's just mine, I don't mind closing and deleting the account and all the ads and then opening it all up again ....

Imodijo0
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

@Emiel1 

In the "listings" tab of the ad, you can load several discounts. I mentioned "Discounts for length of stay" in which you choose the length of stay and the discount for the duration of these stays that usually appears to customers as" Long stay discount ". There is also "Last minute discount" for last minute bookings.

When you have a lot of ads, you can also do this by creating rules in the calendar that you apply to the apartments you want.

Of course, if smart pricing is enabled, none of that applies.

They are regular discounts in the hospitality industry and are usual on all platforms and PMS.

After almost a month of erratic behavior, at the moment the 2 do not work at the same time. The same reservation is entitled to 2 discounts only the long stay discount works. The support area of ​​and the technical area of ​​airbnb knows well what I am talking about

I would just like to know if it is a problem that is happening only in my account or if it is happening in all accounts. I'm already so tired of all this that if it's just mine, I don't mind closing and deleting the account and all the ads and then opening it all up again

PS: @Emiel1   Thanks for the answer and congratulations on the superhost.

After almost a month of erratic behavior, at the moment the 2 do not work at the same time. The same reservation is entitled to 2 discounts only the long stay discount works. The support area of ​​and the technical area of ​​airbnb knows well what I am talking about

I would just like to know if it is a problem that is happening only in my account or if it is happening in all accounts. I'm already so tired of all this that if it's just mine, I don't mind closing and deleting the account and all the ads and then opening it all up again

I would just like to know if it is a problem that is happening only in my account or if it is happening in all accounts. I'm already so tired of all this that if it's just mine, I don't mind closing and deleting the account and all the ads and then opening it all up again.

They are regular discounts in the hospitality industry and are usual on all platforms and PMS. I've worked with them on airbnb since 2016 and, until November 3rd, they did the right math for the penny.

After almost a month of erratic behavior, at the moment the 2 do not work at the same time. The same reservation is entitled to 2 discounts only the long stay discount works. The support area of ​​and the technical area knows well what I am talking about

Logan112
Level 1
Orlando, FL

having same issue from hosting calendar (applying last minute discount from within rule-set when 2 days or more are selected) .

Imodijo0
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Hi Logan

After a few months and a lot of searching, I discovered the problem.

Airbnb changed the way to apply discounts:

Long Stay Discounts (weekly or monthly) are not combined with other discounts, except the New Host Promotion

If you use Long Stay Discounts and another discount (in addition to a New Host Promotion), we will only apply the length of stay discount.

https://www.airbnb.pt/help/article/2061/como-funcionam-os-conjuntos-de-regras

It does not make sense, nor have I ever seen this on other platforms during the years that I work even in the hotel business, mainly because, in these cases, last minute discounts no longer have a reason to exist.  But it is what it is…

Hope this helps.