Problems with payments to hosts in Ukraine

Problems with payments to hosts in Ukraine

Hi, I am writing on behalf of many hoteliers and hosts from Ukraine.

Since the beginning of the war, we (hosts in Ukraine) have received great support from the inhabitants. People booked us to help financially. We were very grateful.

But since the beginning of the war, payments stopped coming to the card account of hosts from Ukraine from AirBnb. Before the start of the war, there were no problems with payments, we did not change any account settings.

Numerous calls to the support service (by phone, via chat) do not give any results. In the support service We are told "we will transfer it to the support service and contact you." And this has been the case for more than 2 weeks.

Please provide guidance and advice. Thanks 

48 Replies 48
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yulia130 

IMO Airbnb should give top priority to solving these payout issues !

The first time we contacted the support service on March 11th. We were told to wait until they sorted it out. After a week of silence, we sent a few more requests. We were offered to change the payment method (although earlier there were no problems with this and we received money on the card). We changed the payment method, but the problem was not solved. We were told to wait. It's been almost 2 weeks so far. The support service even stopped responding to us. It seems to me that Air Bnb is using the money received for his own purposes. 

Which payment method are you using , Payoneer or International Wire , I see your screenshot you sent shows airbnb.ru maybe your account is reading as Russian account try to change the language to Ukrainian or English , Lastly if its still showing samething try VPN ,and try again 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yulia130 

Payout issues are forwarded to the financial department,  in most cases Airbnb support can not solve payout issues themself. As you can read in the community payout problems always take some time to solve. Maybe somebody of the community admins here can give this issue a boost, so i tag @Sybe here.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yulia130 If @Emilie or @Sybe or even @Catherine-Powell don't deal with this urgently I suggest you contact Airbnb via Twitter. They don't like bad publicity and your situation is really bad publicity for them.

Moreover, during the loading of the "payment methods" menu, a window with such text pops up for a second (screenshot below) "Ukraine does not accept money transfers from us", then this window disappears and a menu opens. Its very funny =)))) Снимок экрана 2022-04-04 в 18.49.28.png

Moreover, during the loading of the "payment methods" menu, a window with such text pops up for a second (screenshot below) "Ukraine does not accept money transfers from us", then this window disappears and a menu opens. Sorry, i cant attache a screenshot in this message.

Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0 for bringing this to my attention.

@Yulia130, Thank you for reaching out directly here. I understand that there were some delays and I believe our team has now resolved this. Please let me know if this isn't the case.

Please stay safe,

Catherine

Hello,@Catherine-Powell

thanks for the reply. For almost a month my problem (and the problem of other Ukrainian hoteliers) has not been resolved (the support service asked me to wait, then to change the payment card details, then to re-enter the payment method, then they stopped answering me at all).

In the morning I received an email from AirBnb support team threatening to delete my account and asking me to "provide proof that I have access to the ads on my profile". It is not entirely clear what kind of document I need to provide (I ask the Support Service to clarify exactly what document or confirmation is needed, I have already written a letter).

I have been working with AirBnb for over a year now and have not had any complaints against me, besides - see the reviews of my properties.

Hosts from Ukraine are grateful to AirBnb for their help and support, but there are a lot of problems with payments, the situation is very unpleasant.

@Yulia130 Have you been paid?

No, any cent from the beginning of war . Today I received an email from AirBnb support team threatening to delete my account and asking me to "provide proof that I have access to the ads on my profile". It is not entirely clear what kind of document I need to provide, so I'm waiting for a response from the support team, I want them to indicate what specific document is required.

@Catherine-Powell Based on the above post from @Yulia130 the problem of non-payment appears not to have been solved and the issue is now escalating to one of account deletion.

Hi Yulia,

Thank you so much for your patience and reaching back out to get this resolved. I have been in touch with our teams and they have assured me you have been in contact with them. Thank you for working with us so we can find a solution. I am so sorry for your experience and really appreciate you reaching out here in the Community Centre.

Thank you,
Catherine

@Yulia130 

Sergey60
Level 2
Kiev, Ukraine

Dear Airbnb community!

I have same problem, I started work with Airbnb since 2013, have more then 1000 reviews and SuperHost status for years. After war my previous guests started make  bookings for support me and many new people.  
But 09 March Airbnb blocked me and none of payments send after that… People wrote me and asked opened calendar, I said I cant… They tried and tried… Even today thay try! People who did bookings, asked me – Did I get money? I said no..Even people tried called Airbnb support… Nothing.. I also many times called support, but all I heard was – sorry, wait and another… So 1 month no any new booking, no any support and even no payments for bookings done…
Today, 06 Apriil, AFTER 1 month I got same letter as Yulya said, and also Airbnb ask some documents and another things for prove something regarding new properties I added after 03 March…None I added after 03 march.. And Airbnb said if I not do that They delete my account, cancel all bookings , refund all payments and even I will not be able make bookings myself…

Hope Airbnb will check my account and account of Yulya and another Ukrainian hosts and hope Airbnb will take right decision and allow Ukraininan hosts work, allow Ukrainian hosts live, allow Ukrainian hosts take payments, allow Ukrainian hosts make bookings and support us this hard time.

Regards, Sergey

Kiev, Ukraine