Problems with reservation process

Nika33
Level 2
Trbovlje, Slovenia

Problems with reservation process

My situation is the following on 13th of September I made a reservation for a short trip and I mistakenly chose the option when you pay half immediately and other half in two weeks (something like that).  My host alerted me  that when he looks at the booking it says that I haven't paid anything. At that time I realised my mistake and changed the option to pay full amount and paid the complete amount. At the same time I contacted Airbnb asking them to please solve this, as my host is rightfully worried if he will get paid.

I received several messages from various people that they are trying to solve it but up to today, they still didn't solve the problem. 
My host suggested that I cancel this trip and then rebook, which seems like a good idea, but for some reason I can't do that either. If I try to do that I get Error Code 500 when I try on computer (I tried both at home and at work) or "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again." if I try via phone app.

I have written Airbnb again, but I am worried about this. 

I have both receipt, where it states that I did the payment, however up in the Price breakdown it's written that 0,00x  number of nights = € 0,00. I also have screen shot of the conversation with Airbnb help and of course payment with my card.

I am now waiting for Airbnb to resolve this, but I worry as my trip is next month, and the last thing I want is to arrive to my destination and have nowhere to stay. What can I do?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nika33 

The host can not see when "looking at the booking" that you have paid Airbnb or not. A guest has max 24 hours to pay Airbnb for a booking (the host is notified of that), after 24 hours reservation expires (if no payment received) or reservation is confirmed (if payment is made). The host suggesting to cancel the trip and rebook is nonsense. If you have a confirmed reservation, Airbnb must solve the problem (if any) with the payment together with you. The host is NOT the party to contact regarding the paymenty, it's a matter between you and Airbnb. When is comes to payout for the host, it's a matter between the Host and Airbnb. That's why we pay the service costs for. Let Airbnb solve the problem.

Nika33
Level 2
Trbovlje, Slovenia

@Emiel1  Thank you for your answer. I am happy to say that Airbnb solved the problem soon after I asked this question. It was an odd technical problem, so when both the host and I contacted them they somehow annulled my reservation and returned me the money and then I booked it again. Odd, but it's solved. 😄