Property Deleted from Airbnb

Gayle32
Level 1
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom

Property Deleted from Airbnb

I have been on Airbnb for over 6 years yet without a bad review that they’re claiming I have had they have deleted me. 
I then appealed and they have still maintained this. I am also a superhost so even more bizarre. 
Can anyone assist? 

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gayle32 your listings are still live so this is very weird

Gayle32
Level 1

They’re live but guests can’t book as showing no availability 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gayle32 One is live with dates available. The other appears suspended. What reason do Airbnb give for this? You say you have not had any bad reviews but actually you have albeit they are oldish.

Gayle32
Level 1

No bad reviews since 2018 yet Airbnb will not reinstate me. Any advice to give? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Without know why Airbnb suspended you how can we advise you @Gayle32 

Gayle32
Level 1

I have advised Airbnb have said bad reviews but I don’t have any.  The only one was in 2018 which I explained was not correct. 

I appealed but not accepted and they won’t consider again. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gayle32 Two possible ideas

1) contact via Twitter as Airbnb don't like bad publicity

2) list on booking.com or whatever VRBO is called in the UK

Very strange that Airbnb would cut off a revenue source...

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Gayle32 Could be because the average stars on that listing is 4.12.... that is pretty low, by Airbnb standards. Basically, they consider every review that's not 5 stars to be a fail. So even if the written review looks fine, if the guest gives you less than 5 stars, it's a black mark against you. 

I'm assuming this is just a temporary block? Your other listings do appear to be bookable. I would also follow up on Twitter @airbnbhelp. 

One thing that stood out for me on your recent reviews is that you respond to pretty much every review, except for the one that mentions cleanliness (which has also been mentioned in prior reviews). I definitely would have said something in response to that. Also, don't respond publically to private feedback. If your potential guest can't see what the past guest said, there's no reason to bring it up . 

Gayle32
Level 1

Hi Alexandra

Thanks for your comments. My property is over 100 years old so will never be squeaky clean to achieve a 5 for each booking. 

Everything is put in the dishwasher and sometimes the comments are unfounded. 
kind regards 

Gayle