Property Manager Upstate New York

Nathaniel93
Level 2
New York, NY

Property Manager Upstate New York

Hi All, 

I am in the process of purchasing a home in the Ulster County area.  I would love any advice on property manager/maintenance that others have experienced.  I live in in NYC and can manage the booking and once a month trips to check on the property, but I am mainly looking for someone/property manager who can handle day to day or week to week maintenance like lawn care, maintenance, emergency situations.  I have thought there might be a community of airnbnb hosts in the area that check on each others' properties, or do a rotation etc.  I am open to any ideas and advice. 

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you checked its legal to do STR in the area you are buying in @Nathaniel93 

Fernando1666
Level 2
Rochester, NY

We would love to help you @Nathaniel93  check out our website and let us know if you have any questions! **

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Palma41
Level 2
La Altagracia Province, Dominican Republic

Hi im in westchester county remotely managing 10 properties in Dominican Republic. Just contact me  if you want to know more informations

I am looking for a manager for my property in orange county near west point

Kirth1
Level 1
Middletown, NY

I am also looking for a property manager in Orange County New York

Jayn-N-Giovanni0
Level 1
New Rochelle, NY

Just do it! It's a great! Any questions reach out. Best of luck 👍 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone,

Adding new updates for the hosts referring to this older thread: You can also find a co-host available for certain regions through the Airbnb platform as well.

To learn more about the service, please feel free to refer to our guide: How to Find and Become an Experienced Co-Host on Airbnb?

Thank you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Nathaniel93 

Not sure exactly where your potential property will be, but I would do a thorough search of both Kingston & Ulster County for what the current and future potential restrictions for Short Term Rentals are as @Helen3 mentions. Looks like Ulster County has just increased the Occupancy Taxes to 4% (from 2%) and are contemplating Short Term Rental restrictions. Lookings like Kinsgston already has them. It would be wise to know what the permitting, fees, restrictions are before you purchase the property. This would include any restrictions enforced by an HOA if that applies to the property you are interested in. 

Many local jurisdictions are jumping on the "restrict short term rentals" bandwagon and especially target those that are not owner occupied likes it sounds will be the case with your potential purchase.