Property Type - Guest suite or private room?

Property Type - Guest suite or private room?

Hello, I need some advice how to list my property please. 

I have a stand alone house, nobody lives in the house, so it's primarily set up for guests. The house has 4 en-suite bedrooms accessible through the front door, and each bedroom has a private entrance from the main hallway. Self check in with a keybox. The house also has a living room and a kitchen ( which are accessible through a door from the same hallway, so they are separate and could be transformed into a studio apartment ). Hope this makes sense? 

How should I list these ensuite bedrooms? I currently have them listed as private rooms with a shared kitchen and living room but this hasn't attracted any bookings. Would a guest suite be more accurate ? I can of course equip each room with a mini fridge, kettle etc.. 

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paula-and-Ben0  You have it listed correctly as private bedrooms with private baths. If the guests share any common areas with other guests, like the kitchen or living room, or outside spaces, it can't be listed as a guest suite. A suite, to my mind, would have a kitchen or kitchenette and a living area, not just a bedroom and bathroom.

Thank you! 

I would list them as suites only without shared common areas, and in this case I would add some extra items to each room like a fridge, kettle, some cutlery etc.. 

@Paula-and-Ben0  Would there be enough space to put a small bistro-type table and a couple of chairs where the guests could sit down to eat? If so, I think you could get away with calling it a suite without guests complaining that it was just a bedroom with a fridge and a kettle.

Thank you for the reply!

Yes absolutely I can add a little ‘bistro’ set up. 

The rooms already have a table & 2 chairs each that’s why I just said fridge & kettle. I am open to suggestions and ideas tho.. I was thinking coffee & tea, we already provide bottled water & raffaello, maybe add some biscuits..

Also each room has a private balcony where we’ll put an outdoor table & chairs setup when the weather gets warmer. ☺️

Sydney47
Level 2
Denver, CO

I currently have a 4 bedroom house--2 of the bedrooms are masters (with an ensuite full bathroom).   I am thinking about converting it to list each as private rooms--2 of them will have private baths, common shared space--fully stocked kitchen, living room, family room, washer/dryer, etc.  What are some pitfalls and best tips?  This house is soley for guests--we do not live on property and we want to keep the option open for it to be rented as a whole house too.  Thank you in advance for your help and wisdom!