Quebec, Canada Airbnb will start collecting tax

Suzanne25
Level 2
Blainville, Canada

Quebec, Canada Airbnb will start collecting tax

From all my co hosting team in Montreal and around ... I'm looking for the best accounting office to have them taking care of my incom tax as I know nothing about how to process with the new automatic tax collecting from my guest, and want to do this leagaly and the correct way... I don't want an accounting that know nothing about temporary rental as there is alot of gray area in that law ... any idea of any great accounting office I'm north at  30 min from Montreal .... thank you 🙂

5 Replies 5
Angele7
Level 1
Gatineau, Canada

Just call Revenu Quebec and they will set you up

1. Get a business number and a tax number....you will have to remit tax every quarter until aib&b does it for you..

2. Now the very tough part is you have to rgister to corporation of tourism and they will charge you $300 approx...but you will have to get a permit from your city hall and a 2M proof of insurance.... And only Intact offers it ..it is easy...once you know it...and I doubt an accountant will know all the steps!

Jade126
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Apply for taxes number. 

Collect taxes from guests 

Pay taxes back to RQ

The revenue Quebec is working hard to collect back their taxes. If you don’t do it now, you will have to pay the RQ this 15% from your pocket. My friends got audit recently about this issue.  Bad news is Airbnb don’t collect taxes automatically like they did for hotel tax(3%).  When you collect the 15% taxes by yourself, guests will question why you collect while other hosts don’t ( because other hosts don’t know ).

Hi, How do I collect the 15% from guests?

I am a new host and I registered for the revenue Quebec taxes, however, not only it didn't increase the cost (5% and 9.975% were not being added to the cost of the rental) and it doesn`t show in the guest pay out statement.  How do you make this work?

Laura5749
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hello guys,

Hope you can help me. I have tried million of times to provide my GST & QST numbers through this fill up form and it displays all the time the message : Error could not complete request, input was malformed.

How did you provide your info ? 

At least 8 conversations with different airbnb agents at different times since may of this year and none has been able to help me out.
AirbnbTxCan.pngmillions of times