Question about damages

Question about damages

I recently booked an Airbnb with 6 women for a weekend. After leaving the host sent me a message claiming we had broken one of his front stone steps and had placed other rocks on the ends of the steps (actually he claimed the crack on the steps was caused by those rocks.) These steps are in the front of the house but the way the house is positioned the driveway goes to the back of the house so that is really the main entrance, so not only did we use those steps about twice the whole weekend we also saw said rocks on the steps when we arrived and assumed they were decorations. I know for a fact we did not crack those steps, and we absolutely did not place any rocks on the steps so I denied the payment. It was then sent to the resolution center and after the whole process they found in favor of the host. I know without a doubt we did not break the step can I appeal this decision? What happens if I do not pay for the step ? 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sara6747 Just don't pay - worst case you will end up in court (unlikely) and then the court can decide who damaged the property.