Question about hosting

Natasha72
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Question about hosting

Hi Everyone,

I am a host and recenlty ran into an expereince where a women inquired about renting, however, at that exact same time, I was waiting to hear back from someone else who also inquired about renting. Our dilemma is that we are unable to take the womens reservation off our calendar even though we didn't approve of her (she was able to approve herself). 

How do we cancel this reservation without getting penalized and having our 'superhost' status being compromised? 

Thanks and I appreciate any guidnace with this.

Natasha

5 Replies 5
Susan598
Level 6
Urrbrae, Australia

Hi Natasha,

This happened to me last week. I just rang Airbnb and they can contact the guest who is blocking your calendar. It was quick and resolved the issue quickly.

I do read on here how difficult it is to reach Airbnb, but I am in Australia where it is just a matter of dialing the number and someone answers immediately.

Good luck.

Sue

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Natasha72If you pre-approve an inquire to book, the guest has 24 hours to complete the booking process.  That puts the host in limbo for that time.  To me that would mean a potential guest can send out several inquireys before making a final select on a listing.  An actual booking Request means the guest is ready to do business with you.  I recently pre-approved an inquirey and after 24 hours, my calendar was still blocked.  I had to contact Airbnb to clear the dates.  

Alejandro-Hector0
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Hi Natasha,

Your listing is probably set to "Instant Book" which is why she was able to book without you approving (Either that, or you pre-approved her booking).

I understand that it can be frustruating to risk your Superhost status in this case. So I strongly recommend that you report the case to Airbnb immediately. 

During my last Airbnb Meetup - the Airbnb explained that for certain cases like these, Airbnb can cancel a reservation without you losing your Superhost Status. 

If you personally cancel the request on your own, without Airbnb - there is nothing that can be done about it. So I recommend that you inform Airbnb immediately.

Hope this helps!

Natasha72
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Thanks so much for the suggestions! 

Everything has has been resolved with a quick conversation with someone from airbnb.

An15
Level 2
Sri Lanka

I am trying to host a listing and my original page had got linked with my current page. How do I remove it