Question about rental arbitrage through LLC

Julie4273
Level 2
Newton, MA

Question about rental arbitrage through LLC

Hi there, I am brand new to airbnb and am just trying to figure out the best way to set up my listing.  I rent two floors in a multi-family home, and am allowed to airbnb the top floor out.   I have looked into buying short term rental insurance through Proper.  A few questions I have:  (1) Has anyone used Proper for rental arbitrage and how are the costs? I haven't receive a quote yet; do I pay out of pocket in a lump sum or do they take a fee from each rental? (2) Has anyone doing rental arb set up their hosting account through an LLC? I've been reading that the "host" will still be under my own name; but wondering how/if I should add my LLC to the airbnb account.  I've tried to add it to the company name in Account Settings but it didn't work.  

Thank you so much for the advice - happy holidays!

Cheers,

Julie

2 Replies 2
German228
Level 2
Orange Park, FL

@Julie4273 I actually had the same question.  I am doing rental arbitrage in orlando.  Did you get an answer to your good question? Also, i though AIRBNB has a million dollar insurance that covers your property.  Thank you.

@German228  The million dollar guarantee has been renamed Air Cover, but it isn't insurance and you'd be lucky to get paid out anything. It's all smoke and mirrors.