Question for those who have paid cleaners.

Ami19
Level 2
Silver City, NM

Question for those who have paid cleaners.

Does anyone pay their cleaner, even if they get a cancellation?  I feel bad that my cleaning lady counts on getting the money for cleaning, then if there’s a cancellation, she gets none. It really messes with her budget (although I am talking like one cancellation/month, typically).  Thoughts?

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I don't

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ami19 

You have a Flexible cancellation policy. Why not change this to a moderate policy so you will have at least 5 days to try to rebook or at least give your cleaner notice to take another job. If a guest cancels within 5 days, you can give the cleaner a cut of the canceled fund if you'd like.

@Emilia42 My flexible refund policy works great, as I hardly get any cancellations (like I say, one a month, maybe), so I hate to mess with that.  I offer a 10% discount if they book non refundable, which many guests take advantage of, so that works nicely, as well.  
Let me ask you, would you pay your cleaning person, if you still got paid, even though they didn’t clean? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ami19  Something else you could do, so the cleaner does have work you pay her for, is to come up with some deep cleaning jobs she could do if there's a cancellation you can't manage to rebook the days of.  Washing the outsides of the ground floor windows, scrubbing down the insides of the undersink cupboards, things like that, that she wouldn't be doing at every normal turnover, but that do need to be done at regular intervals.

@Sara977 I love this idea!  I may go ahead and do that!  Thank you, so much!