REQUEST FROM GUEST FOR ADDITIONAL REFUND

Answered!
Mary1
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

REQUEST FROM GUEST FOR ADDITIONAL REFUND

Hi Everyone

Can anyone help with the following please:-

The guest reported to me a drain smelling pretty nasty in the bathroom ,  we did the obvious and tried drain unblocker, no joy.

After some research we resolved the issue, this all happened over the previous 2 days.

I kept the guest completey updated on progress and on her departure mailed her the outcome.

She requested a discount and of course I did this. By return she asked for more discount and said she would then give me a review!

I feel as though I am being blackmailed and not at all happy.

I have been unable to make any contact with Airbnb and feel extremely annoyed with the whole thing.

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

1 Best Answer
James1
Level 10
SF, CA

You are being blackmailed. Flag the guest and report the blackmail. They may remove her review. Is any of this back and forth with the guest on airbnb message, or even text or email, is there a record? 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
James1
Level 10
SF, CA

You are being blackmailed. Flag the guest and report the blackmail. They may remove her review. Is any of this back and forth with the guest on airbnb message, or even text or email, is there a record? 

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I hope your communication regarding this issue was completed on the Air BNB platform.   It is against Air BNB rules for any guest to "black mail"  a host with the threat of a negative review.  If you communicated outside the Air BNB system but have record of the communication, report to Air BNB.  If you don't, it might become a he said/she said situation.  Either way, do not offer further refund unless YOU think it is reasonable.  Let the guest provide a negative review and you will have an opportunity to respond to the review.  Meanwhile, provide an accurate review of this guest for other hosts to consider.  Good Luck!!

Trine0
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

you need this numbre;

airbnb United Kingdom

+44 203 318 1111