ROBBERY WITH NOT ANSWER BY AIRBNB

Manuela890
Level 1
Medellín, Colombia

ROBBERY WITH NOT ANSWER BY AIRBNB

I was robbed at and Airbnb rental. I called the police and start calling the call center, and send messages and did not have a reply after 6 hours later. It is been a day, and there is still no solution from the company.  I called and send all proof, with pictures of the police and the official claim I made. And all the list of the goods stolen with their value.  A

The items that were stole surpasses 8500 USD. 

I believe a company like yours should have a better insurance policy. Also, while I  have the police in the department, by myself, on a situation of vulnerability, with repeatably calls and text to the help center,  it took AIR B AND B  6 HOURS to reach out to me e. You didn't even solved to move me to another apartment just told me """sorry for your , here are other departments you could rent""

I need the compensation for all my stuff. I need a safe place to stay a solution not just go and pay somewhere else!!!!!  After using your platform for years, you offered 500 USD, alongside a phone call where I can not understand the persons English and not reply or concern over my security is NOT ENOUGH.  I am psychologically hurt, I am nervous I dont feel safe and I need the value of my belongings back.  Where should I stay???? 

awaiting for your prompt information. 

All prove has been sent to you 
4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Manuela890 

Sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Besides the "contact Airbnb "issue (which is indeed a issue these days for everyone):

IMHO Airbnb is not responsible for your personal belongings. Your travel insurrance maybe can help.

Regarding the amount of money it seem to be expensive items involved,  maybe you have other insurrance on them ?

best regards,

Emiel

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Manuela890 

To my knowledge there is no insurance policy on airbnb that would cover stolen guest items.

I think such an insurance would open a can of worms.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Manuela890 

I'm one of the Community Managers here on the CC. I'm genuinely sorry about your experience. I just dropped an internal note to the CS team and they came back to me saying you've been contacted by them and working on a resolution. I do hope it will be a fast one. Please do let me know how things worked out.

Thanks,
Nick

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear you were robbed but confused as to why you are contacting Airbnb when you should be contacting your travel insurance company to me a claim.

Airbnb is a listing company not an insurance company for guest property.