RV/Camping Space - Allowed?

Mickey17
Level 1
Bend, OR

RV/Camping Space - Allowed?

Can you rent RV Space/campsite with water & electric hookups on AirBnB?  The space is on a residential property.  If this is an viable AirBnB listing option, what tips, tricks, oddities for RV space should we be sure to list?

Thanks for you input and help! 

9 Replies 9
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I would think you could, under 'Unique Housing'. It could pay off for you to put a travel trailer on it at some point, or a tent that you could make into a 'Glamping' tent, unless you live far away and cannot tend to the listing in person, or find a co-host who can. In Oregon, Yurts are extraordinarily popular as well. 

Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

Just be VERY clear in your photos and descriptions about what it is and what is provided.  I saw a treehouse on airbnb once.  It was designed for hikers and campers on a very large piece of property.  So it seems to me you can list almost anything if you are upfront about what it is and what the guests are and are not getting.  For example make it clear this is ONLY an RV parking spot with hook ups.  You don't want somebody booking and show expecting to stay in an actual RV that you are providing.  I would also be VERY clear about dumping...can they drain their tanks on your property?

Christina355
Level 7
Bradenton, FL

I do this on my small farm! I have one listing for an actual RV that they can rent and I have a separate listing for just a camp site where people can tent camp or bring their own RV/camper. I have had realy good success so far. Right now my listings are snoozed, because I don't host over summer. 

You can list under unique listings and it gives you options to choose campsite or RV. It's a little tricky with just the campsite, because Airbnb requires you to have "the basics" like towells and toilet paper, which doesn't necessarily apply here. I honestly love when I get tent campers, they're so easy going and I don't have to do anything at all. Just make sure to be realy clear on where trash & recycling go, where the hookups are, if you have sewer hookups, etc. Also if you plan to allow campfires make sure to be clear on your rules about that. Oh, also be sure to set expectations on where these guests will be allowed on your property and what's off limits.

Check out Hip Camp too, it's like Airbnb but for camping. 

Interested what do you have for a restroom for your tent campers I too have s small farm with a mobile home bnb I have 2 rv electrical hookups and am debating on a little camping area 

Thanks for the tips!!   How do you like Hipcamp in relation to Airbnb??

The problem is that you have an actual RV which is suitable for an RV listing on Airbnb. However the OP doesn't have an actual RV but only the hookup site...

Tracy67
Level 2
Denver, CO

Hi Mickey, if you (or the other hosts involved on this thread) are interested in learning more about the high ROI on making a site an official RV/Campsite "glamping" experience, I have heard this Global Glamping Summit in Long Beach, CA Nov. 27-28 is a place you can learn from glamping industry expert speakers and exhibits about innovative solutions, products, exclusive discounts, and current industry tips and regulations. The Summit includes speakers from Hippcamp, that Christina mentioned, Tentrr and Under Canvas. Here's the website if you're interested: www.glampingsummit.com/?utm_source=AirBnb&utm_campaign=GGSPR

Gigi145
Level 1
Yucaipa, CA

I wish they would a make it an option in places to stay. I’m glad you inquired about this. I myself have been looking for long term parking for 5th wheel and travel trailer with little avail. And i also search by clicking every possible stay I think i might find a host who listed RV parking with hookups. I hope to see that option soon as it is up on search with lots of interest as well. Again thank you for your post I hope it helps us who are in need of that option of RV parking with hookups. 

Did you find a long term parking option?