Rate changes for large groups.

Matthew1080
Level 1
Wolf Point, MT

Rate changes for large groups.

We have a 3 bedroom house with a pullout bed in the living room, we can comfortably host a group of 8 people, but we discovered the vast majority of travelers to our area are groups of 1, 2, or 3. 

We set up our rate on a sliding scale according to group size. 80 for the first 2, and then 20 per person, per night, up to 8 total. 

This allows us to be competitive with the other listings in our small town, and keeps us much more busy than if we only catered to large groups. 

However, I have had to field a lot of questions from groups of 4 or 5 looking to book, and instead of getting the house for 80 per night, the rate is 100, or 120. Most of the time, this had led to me offering a reduced rate, due to the confusion.

I looked over the listing and realized this area of the booking process is very cryptic. In fact, it is downright misleading on the main page. It simply says 20 more per night for groups over 2. 

How do I bring this to the attention of the website developers? Or should I simply include an explanatory message somewhere on the listing page, and forget trying to deal with the website creators?

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I don't see the issue or what is confusing? @Matthew1080 

If guests booking puts in 4 or 5 people as the number travelling,  they will get the price for four or five people. Why would you feel the need to offer a discount in those circumstances???