Rbnb scam

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

Rbnb scam

IMG_20201111_215444.jpg

Hello

we want to cancel the rbnb because of covid situation. One of the new restrictions in holland was that we were not allowed to be with four in 1 room. We were with 6.

On the 14/10 i contacted the host what we could do. He said that we can change date before 16/10. So we ask him for date change of the rbnb somewhere in the end of december. The Host told me that he will give me answer the 16/10 ( day of rbnb start ).

The 16/10 told us that the date of change was not possible and that it was better to cancle the booking. We sended messages to the host that we would for a date that is possible. But after the 16/10 we didn’t get any answer from him.

We will not accepted this because he told us that we could change the date so we don’t lost the money. We think it is not OK thay the Host will not answer us after the last day of change and told us to cancle. He said that he already makes some cost and could not hire the air b en b on a short notice. But we send him a message immediately after the new restrictions on the 14/10 so he knew this on time and i dont understand for what he were making costes already.

Rbnb dis nothing for us !!!!

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Houcine10 

COVID restrictions are not forseen, when it happens the normal cancellation policy attached to the reservation will calculate the refund (if any) when you cancel. But you did not cancel !

Instead you "asked the host" for a change of dates. just 2 days before check-in date.

BTW Did you sent a change request to the host (by using the "change" option in the reservation) ?

Then the host told you a change was not possible and told you to cancel, but you did not.

So why do you call this a scam ?

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

The Host told me that he will give me answer the 16/10 for change and i told him if i Ask for a nother date change the 16/10 or After he told me yes and finaly it was not possible 

He know that i Can not ask for nother change option the 16/10 and if i cancel i will get only 49 e uro ( 533 total amount) 

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

And yes i used option change .

And i send hi message me and m'y Holland Friends for nother request date change he see our message and he did not give answer he let us Without answer to get all money 

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

And now when i look for his rbnb its available even for the date that we asked for the change and he refused 

This is scam and play with the rools so he get the money 

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

And at this moment France and Holland closed for the touristes . How its not scam, how people Can not arange for nother date .... 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Hosts are not obligated to accept date changes or refund in contravention of their cancellation policies. 

Of course it's not good business to tell guests you'll do something and then not follow through, but the responsibility to cancel is yours and being refunded is something you have to talk to Airbnb about. 

This is not what is classified as a scam. @Houcine10

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

For me if you did not give the good information to the costumer or trying to play with Time to get the money its scamming

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

And rbnb did nothing for us 

Houcine10
Level 2
Metz, France

After all i Ask also the Host to arange but he refused also rbnb ask them and hé refused he could propose nother date or give half money he refused !!