Real or fake??

Mj61
Level 1
Burtonsville, MD

Real or fake??

Can someone tell me if you think this is real or not?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41680669?source_impression_id=p3_1579479683_ZyT1an5eCBUyJG%2F%2F

It seems really low in price.  I emailed the folks off Airbnb and they said they will manually send me a a booking invitation.  

Is this real?  

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Doesn't link to anything @Mj61 . 

Seems strange that Airbnb would email you a booking invitation.

What contact details for them have you been using?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I agree with @Helen3 .  Just because you see "air bnb" does not mean it is legit!

Mj61
Level 1
Burtonsville, MD

It looks like they took the link down!  I guess that answers the question.  oh well!  

It was a luxury apt that was well below price.  The owner was a superhost, so i thought it would might be real.....and they wanted to email the partner who then said he would email me a booking manually since the calendar was not updated.  But, I just checked the link is gone!  so....I assume this was some fake thing.

Thanks!

Mj

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ah so it wasn't Airbnb,  but the fake host who said they would email you a link to the booking.

Clearly a scam to take the booking off platform. Please report the conversation to Airbnb. @Mj61 

As with most things in life when it comes to purchases....if it looks too be good to be true...it is normally is 🙂