Received first booking

Melinda2
Level 1
Virginia Beach, VA

Received first booking

Received my first booking and I'm a little apprehensive about not receiving any payment until AFTER my guests arrive.  Usually I receive 1/2 down at the time of the booking with the balance due to ME 60 days prior to their arrival date.  Then about a week to 10 days I forward them the key/map/info letter.  My home is in Grand Cayman so it worries me a little to have someone in my home there and I've not been paid.  ???

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Melinda2,

Unfortunately this is how the Airbnb payouts work.  If you are not comforatble with it, you may have to look elsewhere.  I do understand their reasoning for handling payouts this way.  

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

How many bookings have you had and have you ever had any problems with receiving payment from Airb&b?  Also, when does the payment come, the day after the guests arrive or at the end of their stay?

Hello again @Melinda2,

I have only hosted about 20 bookings through Airbnb but have been doing this for a long time.  I have not had an issues receiving payment.  The payment is released to you approximately 24 hours after the guest checks in and it takes some time from release to get to the payment method you choose.  We have ours put into our bank account which take about 4 days.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Melinda, I find AirBnB's payment system ideal. Within the past 2 months I've had five guests. Tomorrow a sixth will arrive, I have six more booked for March, April, and June.

I think  the benefit is threefold: If a guest needs to pay AirBnB upfront, it strengthens the commitment to show up; no cash needs to change hands; and the money is transferred within 24 hours of the guest's arrival. I use PayPal. and have had no problem.

And because my cancellation policy is strict, even if a guest cancelled I would still be able to retain a decent portion of the fee. And if a guest ever requested a partial refund (or full refund in the case of an extreme emergency, for instance), he/she would simply take it up with AirBnB. And in the meantime, those days that the guest had cancelled would be free again for another guest to book.