Recent requests for long term stay

Answered!
Marie5915
Level 2
Opelika, AL

Recent requests for long term stay

I've been receiving requests from some local guests that they would like to negotiate the price outside of airbnb payment system (of course, no) or wanted to rent the place instead of short term stay. I am very uncomfortable to reply, but I had to write no and declined.

Would these guests be scammers or just not able  to have the rentals in local area? 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marie5915  Could be scammers, could be people who can't provide references or credit history or whatever else is needed to rent a place on a traditional long term lease.

If these are sent as Inquiries ( make sure you understand the difference between a Request and an Inquiry), you don't need to click on decline (which lowers your Acceptance rate), with an Inquiry all you need to do is reply within 24 hours. Just tell the inquirer you don't take long term bookings or communicate with guests outside the platform.. Make sure you have a naximum stay length set on your listing.

And when someone asks to communicate outside the platform, or anything else that feels like a scam, report those by clicking on the "Report" flag.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marie5915  Could be scammers, could be people who can't provide references or credit history or whatever else is needed to rent a place on a traditional long term lease.

If these are sent as Inquiries ( make sure you understand the difference between a Request and an Inquiry), you don't need to click on decline (which lowers your Acceptance rate), with an Inquiry all you need to do is reply within 24 hours. Just tell the inquirer you don't take long term bookings or communicate with guests outside the platform.. Make sure you have a naximum stay length set on your listing.

And when someone asks to communicate outside the platform, or anything else that feels like a scam, report those by clicking on the "Report" flag.

Thank you so much!