Recommend Community Helpers for New Hosts in particular

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

Recommend Community Helpers for New Hosts in particular

I would like to recommend the following people for their help which led to expeditious decision making and action on my part as someone new to Hosting.  In no particular order:

@David0 from Como, CO.

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/users/show/8907822

@ 29/11/16 Superhost.  Level 10.  #1 top contributor (Community Help).  total 2500 posts.  3x simultaneous accommodation listings. 140 5-star reviews.  100% response rate within an hour.  +-330 people saved Davids listings. 

I only know David through the community forum.  I appreciate the sober reflection of his fairly unparalleled Hosting experience. 

@Andrea0 from Amsterdam, Netherlands.

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/users/show/9595076

@29/11/16 Level 10.  #1 top contributor (Hosts) and #5 top contibutor (Community Help).  total 1600 posts.  118 5-star reviews.  9 references.  100% response rate within an hour.  +-590 people saved Andreas listing.

Also only know Andrea through the community forum.  Her advice is pensive, delivered in a light comedic tone.  She is also sympathetic.  I particularly like the way she manages her profile page.

@Yen-and-Robin0 from Mt Barker, Australia.

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/users/show/22256787

@29/11/16 Superhost.  Level 10.  #5 top contributor (Hosts).  total 1000 posts.  26 5-star reviews.  100% response rate within an hour. +-30 people saved Robins listing.

Only know Robin through the community forum but he is generous as a host and as a BNB community contributor.  In fact although I have never met him, his contributions and approach to helping others here resulted in me extending an invitation to stay at my house as a new 'friend' rather than as a Airbnb Guest.

Re Others:

I have found all the moaning very helpful in setting my expectations as I keep moving forward into a largely unknown business environment and toward hosting the first guest.

2 Replies 2
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Em4 this is a lovely post! Thank you for celebrating some of our community members that go above and beyond both in their own hosting and in offering their advice to other hosts here! It's kind of you to show your appreciation of their time and effort which I'm sure is shared by many 🙂

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Em4 - Hey, that's so sweet of you, thank you! Just saw it now by chance, never got a prompt by the system for being tagged.

Glad to hear my comments helped 🙂

I got my hosting backbone from all my own forum trolling, part of which at an early point was like getting my daily fix of tragedy reality program. But after a while a whole new structure regarding hosting on all levels from the practical to the psychological, over setting 'hacking' to fine-tuning inner alarm bells started forming which is great. And after a while I started jumping in to help others.

Most hosts asking for help don't give any feed back after they've been helped while a few actually do, so it's great to see your lovely post!

Cheers, Andrea