Red dot and horizontal arrow symbols in the Calendar

Phoebe12
Level 1
Kirkland, WA

Red dot and horizontal arrow symbols in the Calendar

I'm seeing 2 new symbols in my hosting calendar view for specific dates ,(upcoming, unbooked dates). I feel like it means that I need to take action but unclear what they mean.

One is a red dot, and one is a squiggly arrow that goes horizontal. They are for different upcoming dates. Some have one of those symbols, both, or none. 

Any ideas? 

I wish that AirBnb had some list on how to decipher these. Google photos link to the screenshot of the AirBnB calendar symbols

Thanks!

22 Replies 22

I have the same problem but only a red dot on my calendar, means guests can't book that date nor can it be booked through other sites if you have a synched calandar. I don't know how to get rid of it, so hope someone can assist.

@Louise142the red dot does not block booking, it just signals that there is a price hint if you click on that date to see the details:

reddot.png

I'm glad for this screenshot. I don't get red dot info when I launch this view.

I only have the arrow; not the red dot. I'd love to know what the arrow means though... Sorry this isn't help to you - just chiming in as someone who has the same problem! 

Lois10
Level 5
Rock Springs, WY

The Squigley line with an arrow means you have smart pricing on

I've always had smart pricing on but today is the first day Ive ever seen the sqiggly arrow...

So what if I have smart pricing on but the squiggly arrow is not there? Also with the same listing I’m not seeing the available promotion that I do with my other listings

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Phoebe12

I have green LIGHTBULBS ?

lightbulbs.png

Oh, @Branka-and-Silvia0, click on that lightbulb. It will tell you that someone looked at your listing for this date but decided to book a place that was $17 (in my case) cheaper per night. Good for that someone, I say.   

In good news, my red dots have disappeared (as if cured of measles!) and the old red, green, orange and yellow numbers are back.

Question: Do colourblind hosts have no idea they should be working for nothing? 

@Lawrene0 

in my case is 16€ less... really enlightening information :))

Even though we are CONSTANTLY receiving prompts to change our pricing, availability and to use smart pricing, when I follow the prompt to compare our listing with other listings (who, supposedly, have snagged more reservations than we have because our price is higher by a few dollars) I find that we outshine them in EVERY aspect. I have asked them to STOP sending me the BS if we're doing better than others ... ugh.

Also, when we DID lower our price closer to Airbnb's recommendation, we QUICKLY REGRETTED it because of the caliber of the guest who booked at the reduced rate. We changed it back PRONTO!! NO $ is worth the hassle we had to put up with.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

Hi @Fiona-and-Keith-and-Fami0,

Yes, never lower your prices as suggested by these so called "price tips", they are generally total nonsens. The only person who can set the right price is the host, having all the knowledge of the property and is surroundings. And IF you lower the price, after some time new "price tips" show up, wanting you again to lower them ! It's just some annoying algorithm in the Airbnb-software, better to ignore these "tips". The 'green bulbs' are also not very valuable, if somebody books elsewhere 1 night for lower price then mine, i am happy for that person, as i don't want bookings for 1 night (due to settings of minimal stay). I think hosts should have a choice which information they want in the calender, not ending up with something having the looks of an over-decorated Christmas tree ! Best regards,Emiel

Good for You! You are setting a good example. 

Word, Fiona & Keith. I feel like the good days are already over.