Redeeming vouchers

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Redeeming vouchers

My voucher shortly expires but If I make a booking before the expiry date for a stay which takes place after the expiry date, will it still be honoured?  Also, if I make a booking at a property below the voucher amount, why is asking for me credit card also?  Many thanks.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jillie1,

Seems to me (what i read form Help and Terms) that only the payment date counts if voucher can be used, not the dates of the reservation.

But you can check if the voucher (coupon) can be used when the payment has to be made for the reservation:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/160/how-do-i-use-a-coupon-code

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1352/my-coupon-code-isn-t-working

If there is a security deposit on the listing, maybe reason credit card is needed ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Jillie1
Level 10

Hi Emiel - just to let you know I decided to accept the reservation request so my host could switch me to another bedroom and the system has honoured the travel coupon I used.  Thanks for your reply.  Interesting to note however that even though the total cost of the room came to £69.29 and my coupon was for £78 originally, they have put it down as £67.74 and charged my credit card £1.55.  Perhaps they just needed to charge my credit card for security as you say and I will get a refund after the stay?  Anyway, not going to lose any sleep over it and at least I'm booked in!

Jillie

Jillie1
Level 10

Thanks Emiel for your response.  I will check whether there is  a security deposit requested.  Jillie

Jillie1
Level 10

I might keep things as they are so I don't lose my voucher, after all it's not my change or mistake but the owners.   They can sort it out.

Chris-and-Dianne0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Same query....not clear what the answer was.....

Our voucher expires in 12 days but we can't travel until after that.

Will the voucher be honoured if we BOOK before the deadline but travel after it?

Yes, it will 😉