Redesign No Longer Allows Hosts to see Guests Actual Itinerary!

SueEllen0
Level 4
Danville, VA

Redesign No Longer Allows Hosts to see Guests Actual Itinerary!

Previously, Hosts could access the Guests Itinerary page from the left column of Guest info on the messages page and from the Reservations Details page.

To be clear, the "Itinerary" that I am referring to is the verbatim letter sent to Guests through a Link in their confirmation letter. 

That Itinerary was useful because it showed the full breakdown of "Gross Earnings" that the guest pays to Airbnb -- a very different number than what the Host "Payout Amount" is.  The Itinerary number includes:

1. Taxes on gross earning in areas where Airbnb collects and remits taxes for hosts
  2. Airbnb Guest Service Fees (very different from Host Service Fees)
  3. Cleaning Fees

The Itinerary, itself, also included other important info like:

1. Links to the House Manual
  2. The Driving Directions (especially important when GPS misguides them)
  3. The Key/House Access instructions
  4. House Rules
  5. and more

But most importantly, it is EXACTLY the same thing that the guest sees, allowing us, as their host, to direct them exactly where in the Itinerary to find whatever they are unable to find on their own. 

So, simply providing us with Reservation Dates and Payout info doesn't cut it. 

Worse yet, the withdrawal of access to see what the guest sees really instills suspicion and mistrust regarding Airbnb's sudden lack of transparency.  If this bothers you as much as it does me, please feel free to comment here, but more importantly, go to Airbnb.com/help/feedback and ask them to restore access to the actual Guest Itinerary, including all info above.

3 Replies 3
Penny73
Level 2
California, United States

I agree completely. Very well laid out and perfectly described, Sue.

I just spent 1 1/2 hours speaking with 3 different AirBnB representatives about this issue.

None of them were aware of the issue.

The missing Itinerary produces so much extra work for both guests and hosts.

I have no idea what the guest is receiving in their confirmation email, as far as, 

1. Links to the House Manual
  2. The Driving Directions (especially important when GPS misguides them)
  3. The Key/House Access instructions
  4. House Rules
  5. and more

I have gotten many calls recently from guests who don't know how the house access will work.

As a guest, I have to click 3 times to see the above listed information. The key is 'Your Home Reservation'. Not in bold, barley looks like a link. Very poorly designed.

PLEASE bring back the old Itenerary!!!

Colin-and-Maureen0
Level 1
Maroochydore, Australia

I've been looking for an answer to this for some time.

Some guests tell me that some information is Not included on their itinerary, while other guests have no problems.

As a host, it would be very helpful to see just what the guest sees.

I know I can include lots of detail and information about my listing, but I don't get to confirm what is actually included in the guest's itinerary.

Colin

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

I am an experienced host, but new to AirBnB.  I find this conversation enlightening in that it appears that sometime in the past, guest communication from the platform was transparent to both the host and the guest; a wonderful concept.  I find it disheartening that AirBnB (and other platforms) have removed so much information about the guest and the host from the platform, apparently in fear of losing their fees if we know too much about one another.  Everyone is faceless, communication has been relegated to messaging  (hey AirBnB, not everyone is capable of texting) and my guests don't seem to recognize that I am not a hotel with 24 hour concierge service.  I struggle with sending personalized information to my guests -- several phone calls to AirBnB for how to get a booked guest's email address so that the driving directions, access codes and house rules could be forwarded to the guest were not terribly helpful.   If I had access to the guest itinerary as was apparently available in the past, much of my distress and that of my guests would be alleviated.