Refer a host program.

Abhinav8
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Refer a host program.

Hi ,

I want to bring this to notice to fellow Airbnb hosts , that I have experienced a malpractice or maybe you can term it as a fraud from Airbnb refer a host program.

I have referred few hosts , and i was rewarded for the first referral instantly. However on my second referred host completed booking , the payment was supposed to be credited within 30 days of any qualifying event. The customer support guys had agreed that i have qualified for the referal bonus , but they are still unable to find why the credit wasnt processed. This is a case pending for more than a month now. Now after many days i have got the reply saying , there is a programming hiccup in the refer a host program and they do not have any time frame to fix it.  This is case of frogery. 

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

If any host thinks logically, they would never refer other hosts in the same area - it potentially means creating one's own competitors. So in the long term, referring other hosts only serves Airbnb.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Abhinav8
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Hi Marzena ,

I think a lot has changed in recent days , many high level executives have resigned from Airbnb. I can forsee something fishy from Airbnb coming up. In my case , i am going to consumer forum of our country and filing a lawsuit against Airbnb for frogery. 

Gaone0
Level 2
Gaborone, BW

I just got ripped off by Airbnb.
I referred a host, they showed up in my "Refer a host" page as "Listing published", they hosted a qualifying guest but when it was time to pay me for the referral the status just changed to "Invitation expired".
When I complained I got this story about a bogus other person who invited my friend and that's why I can't get paid.

If that alleged other person exists, did they get the money instead of me? I highly doubt that.
Airbnb is just making these things up and doing everything just to avoid paying money that they owe. 

What a disgrace!

Gaone0
Level 2
Gaborone, BW

Update, now they gave up on the story that someone else invited him.
New story is that 150 days expired and this is also not true.
This is really becoming incredible.

Gaone0
Level 2
Gaborone, BW

This keep getting worse and worse.

After waiting for 3 days for them to reply the newest story is that 150 days count from the day I invited my friend, not from the day he registered so the 150 days expired.

Only problem is that I actually invited him just one day before he registered and it's still within 150 days.
I can't believe how rude this person who is dealing with the case is, this is outrageous!

Same thing is happening with us too. I have invited a lot of my friends in close circle. And they are denying it on the basis that i have created those fake accounts. They keep you waiting for more than 30 days to answer anything. Very sad state of affairs at Airbnb.

Gaone0
Level 2
Gaborone, BW

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your concerns with us.

Based on the information provided, I have decided that close out this case as the link sent has expired . 

Thank you again for your understanding and for your valued time and contribution.

Cheyenne55
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

thay didnthe same to me, they have not given me the amount the have promised