Refund Requests

Faye41
Level 1
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong

Refund Requests

Hello, I booked a flat in Osaka from 25-29 June. However I would no longer be able to go there due to the earthquake happened in Osaka just few days before my trip. I have to cancel the booking ask for refund as this is under the "Extenuating Circumstances Policy" under cancellation policy. The host declined my request so I have nothing to do but to involve Airbnb for my request. It has been over a week but there is no reply from Airbnb. How long does it take Airbnb to solve these requests? Hope that someone could answer my question, thanks.

6 Replies 6
Mike-C-0
Level 2
New York, NY

I don't know how long it takes for Airbnb to respond to your request. If you have not already done so, try calling them directly instead of using Email communication. I had a better experience calling them than waiting for an Email response.

But, if you had paid by credit card, you may be able to use it as leverage towards the host and Airbnb to seek a resolution. Otherwise, collect all your evidence and contact your credit card provider and ask them to reverse the charge (chargeback). Good luck!

I am trying to get refind from them and cant find a direct number to call - do you have one?  I am from New Zealand.

Claudiu-Nicolae0
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

Your host did it the right way. You should request the refund under the "Extenuating Circumstances Policy" directly from Airbnb. If the host will refund you himself, he may be double charged as a result.  Try to contact Airbnb via their twitter.

Louis165
Level 1
Crewe, VA

Good luck with that, I too am trying for a refund from Airbnb they told me I could not have one. The place was disgusting   The bed was on the floor stains on the sheets and the towels in open food in all the cabinets and refrigerator. I called the host came bye And he change the sheets. Airbnb will only refund the cleanup fee of 28  Dollars. 

@Louis165  The quickest and easiest way to get help is a Direct Message at AirbnbHelp on Twitter. Be polite in the message and stick to the facts and conditions. Also be fore you tweet ypur message to them. Go to the listing and use the flag you'll see there to report the listing, then go to the hosts profile and report her also. Did you by chance take any photo's? If this ever happend proof is always a good thing to have on your side. Include any messages via screen shots that are out of the AirBnB messaging system between you and host also if you have any.  

Hello Guys,
I reserved a condo for 1 month duration , after 14 days of my chech-out date the host requested 250$  refund because of smoke smell .the house rules is smoke free so I DID respect the rules and I NEVER smoked inside the apartment. Furthermore I have asthma so I can't smoke and be near smokers but I smoke from time to time so I bought a pack of cigarette and smoked OUTSIDE the whole building. I do not want to throw cigarettes on the ground , so i do collect them and I throw them in the garbage . the host proofs that he send to Airbnb was a receipt  of the cigarette pack I bought with my date of birth and  last 4 digits of my visa number "the only pack of cigarette of the whole month " , and to be honest I don't know where he get it. the smoked smell could b probably from the cigarettes butts that I throw in the garbage.
I did NOT smoke inside ! 
what do you think should I do  ?
and does he have the rights to have a my receipt that I dont know from where he got it !